• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was gonna say that the cover has the attachment points to hook it to the feeder, but then you'd just tell me to duct tape the light to the feeder. lol

I got an email back from the company (good folks to deal with, responsive, helpful) and we have a work-around solution until I cna bring the light into them for inspection.

I didn't realize until last night that I already have one of their other products, a weapon-mounted red light for hog hunting, that I had purchased used from a friend.

So, he suggested the duct tape route too, huh?

:p
    Capitol Armory ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Chad and his team at EWT do a great job with customer service. The problem you're having is unfortunately common, though, and has occurred on 3 of the 5 lights I have from them. I wish they could work out with their manufacturers how to beef up the internals so this issue disappears.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Looking at scope mounted hunting lights. Looking at the Wicked hunting lights right now but figured I'd see what everyone else is using.

Shots will be close to 200 yards.

Go here: OneStopThrowShop. These are the longest-throwing flashlights in the world. They are hand made in Dallas.

We are talking about 700+ yards of useable light.

1359582929868-778381673.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have no idea how candelas convert into lumens to even have an inkling of how bright these are.

I know, I read that Lumens don't relate to how far it will cast light, but at least with lumens, I know
    how bright the light is compared to others...

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I have no idea how candelas convert into lumens to even have an inkling of how bright these are.

I know, I read that Lumens don't relate to how far it will cast light, but at least with lumens, I know
    how bright the light is compared to others...

Lumens really do mean nothing if your goal is throw (and if you're scope-mounting at night, it is). For example, a 60 watt lightbulb has, on average, 800 lumens. That be about as helpful as a wooden frying pan. The question you need to be asking is what is the light doing with its lumens. Another example would be a laser pointer. Not enough lumens to read a book at night, but sure does throw far.

I agree with you on the issue of not understanding what the real-world affect of candelas is, though, and I've been doing this for a while.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Chad and his team at EWT do a great job with customer service. The problem you're having is unfortunately common, though, and has occurred on 3 of the 5 lights I have from them. I wish they could work out with their manufacturers how to beef up the internals so this issue disappears.
    Sorry you are having issues with your lights. I have purchases 5 of these and have had no problems whatsoever ( other than they will drain a feeder battery dead, and that was an easy fix, just used the C cell batteries) it is good to know that their customer service is good.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

How did you go about fixing them, or did exchange them?

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I found this...

How to Convert Lumens to Mcd | eHow

To convert from millicandelas to lumens, divide the number of millicandelas by 79.5544.

According to this, the "Night Master" is just over 2500 lumens.

If this is correct, that is a tremendous light for the money......

It is a throwy beast. There is no question about that. Let me know if you decide to pick one up.

Top Bottom