Texas SOT

Which is the best diet for good fitness ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin6600

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    USA
    Hello everybody,..
    I am newbie on this forum.If you know that which is the best diet for good fitness and health.Please sharing
    your opinions with me.I am so worried about my fitness and health.So i am waiting your replies.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Run a good 3 miles a day eat egg whites only ( no yolk), salads, leaner meat, and nothing fried. also you can eat whole wheat anything in moderation.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Best "diet" is to push yourself away from the table, don't eat so many sweets, and reduce your soda intake. Now, go to the gum and start off with weights followed up with cardio at the end of the workout. The only good diet is a life change, not an actual diet.

tequila45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    aurora, il
    if you want a "diet", when you shop for groceries, stick to the outside perimeter of the store. never shop in the center of the store. all the boxed, canned or "prepared" food is there = bad. frozen veggies are ok. or put it this way, when you read the ingredients list, less is better.

moderate weights are good + cardio, or......you can do circuits 3-4 times a week. google circuit workouts or crossfit.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    If you want to lose weight eat steamed white rice, vegetable broth, and stewed prunes. Guaranteed to lose at least 10-15 lbs a month by defecation.

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Well, you didnt actually say "lose weight" just health and fitness.
    In general, a safe recommendation for diet to support your other healthy lifestyle choices (*) would be: whole or fresh foods, miminal to none processed. organic is expensive but it would be the way to go. Otherwise, avoidance of processed foods is a huge step in the right direction. A normal ratio of protein to fats to total calories, usually 30% calories from protein sources, 30% from essential fats, and the remainder from carbohydrate (unless you have a medical condition dictating other ratios. see your physician); at or slightly below maintenance calorie level.
    That should get you started.

C-

(*): including no tobacco products at all, regular exercise, good personal hygeine, and proper medical and/or dental care for any outstanding health issues; as well as a balanced intellectual, spiritual, and interpersonal life. These, along with diet, make for a healthy life.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Go to Myfitfoods and ask about the 21-day challenge. You will get hooked.

Just puked in my mouth reading that. I have never in my life eaten such a one dimensional food. They use the same spice on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Look into the Paleo Diet. It makes the most sense out of anything I've ever seen:

-Lean meat
    -Fruit
    -Vegetables (no starchy carbs)
    -Good sources of fat (olive oil, avocados, etc.)

That's it! That's all there is to it. You eat lots of lean meat and get plenty of protein a day, fill in the rest with fruit, vegetables, and good fat. You can't really "overeat" fruit or vegetables as it takes a lot to equal very many calories.

Things to avoid:

-Starchy carbs
    -ALL grains and grain-based products (bread, pasta, oatmeal/cereal, etc.)
    -Legumes (beans)
    -Dairy

I'm certainly not an authority on the matter, but just posting my personal experience. I have never felt better in my life than when I've been eating Paleo. I just started again this week. It is not a "diet", it is a permanent nutrition plan change. Not a big deal to eat something bad every once in awhile, just don't do it all the time.

The best part about it? You're eating REAL food. It's simple. No need to eat some special foods or concoctions. Just eat real food and avoid all the highly processed, artificial crap.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    04:15: Rise and Shine.

05:15: Twenty minutes of calisthenics followed by a Four mile run in boots, fatigue trousers, t-shirt, and dog-tags.

06:45: Three Egg Bacon & Cheese Omelet, Hash Browns, Grits, Orange Juice, Four cups of Coffee.

09:00 - 11:30: Obstacle Course followed by Land Nav Course.

12:00: Double Cheese Hamburger, Fries, Sweet Tea, Pecan Pie.

13:00 -17:00: Load out for LFX; Stack ammo cans, squad gear, and commo.

18:00: Eat MRE.

19:00 - 23:00: Move, Shoot, and Communicate.

24:00: Stow gear, Sensitive Item Check.

01:00: Released from Duty.

01:30: Waffle House for Bacon & Cheese Omelets, Hash Browns, Grits, and Four Cups of Coffee (no orange juice).

04:15: Repeat all over.

Great way to lose weight!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    04:15: Rise and Shine.

05:15: Twenty minutes of calisthenics followed by a Four mile run in boots, fatigue trousers, t-shirt, and dog-tags.

06:45: Three Egg Bacon & Cheese Omelet, Hash Browns, Grits, Orange Juice, Four cups of Coffee.

09:00 - 11:30: Obstacle Course followed by Land Nav Course.

12:00: Double Cheese Hamburger, Fries, Sweet Tea, Pecan Pie.

13:00 -17:00: Load out for LFX; Stack ammo cans, squad gear, and commo.

18:00: Eat MRE.

19:00 - 23:00: Move, Shoot, and Communicate.

24:00: Stow gear, Sensitive Item Check.

01:00: Released from Duty.

01:30: Waffle House for Bacon & Cheese Omelets, Hash Browns, Grits, and Four Cups of Coffee (no orange juice).

04:15: Repeat all over.

Great way to lose weight!

Ever think at the time those would be called the good ole days?

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    All of the above post are pretty solid advice since you didnt ask a specific diet question. Here's my question to you. Why did you come to a gun forum for diet advice?

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Eat less, avoid high fructose corn syrup and fast food restaurants, move more, avoid alcohol and smoking and spend more time at the firing range.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Eat lots of fresh veggies, lean meats, and drink pure unfiltered Mexican river water. You'll pee out of your butt, but the pounds will fly off.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Nothing fancy for me- meat, veggies, nuts and some fruit here and there.

Skip fried crap, sugar and starch. Not a fan of dairy, either.

I think people get too wrapped up in diets. Just eat as natural as possible and you'll be fine. The Paleo diet seems to have a lot going for it.

I don't like eating less either unless I'm trying to slow my metabolism and food intake down, you know, for when you're going to far away places where you have to carry your food.

Generally, I eat around 7 times a day.

Eating out occasionally is fine, but it shouldn't be regular.

Some see it as a horrible lifestyle change. Which is sad, because all you're doing is eating the things humans were meant to consume.

You will be rewarded with a body and mind that perform well. I used to succumb to the drive through when on the road, but gas stations now carry more crap than ever and you can find good snacks there.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    best diet for me was to continue to eat the exact same stuff i always did ( read lots of meats ) but cut the portions down and eat more often with veggies, fruits, salad type foods to suppliment my cravings throughout the day. some days i wouldnt eat meat at all. i also took cutting pills, like oxyelitepro and omega 3 fish oil. i used the oxyelitepro mainly to give me that extra boost during my workouts to help me push it. my unit is up for deployment but as far as i know im not on that roster, but im still going to start dieting again just in case i do.

Top Bottom