• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm in the market for a Lee Auto-powder measure. The website list a regular one and a "Pro" Model. (I don't want the "Perfect" model.)

Lee Precision: Automatic Powder Measures

Does anyone have experience with either of these? From the description I'm not seeing any difference between the two other than price. I'd like to get whichever one is the fastest; if they are both the same in that regard then I'd like whichever will last the longest.

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I have the auto disk on my press works well, I find that the disk setting needs tweaking what the manual says is dispensed is not always accurate. Easy to use and setup comes with a variety of disks for different powders and loads.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I find that the disk setting needs tweaking what the manual says is dispensed is not always accurate.

Yes; from what I read they tend to err on the side of safety by making the load a bit lighter than stated.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    I have both the auto and the Pro auto. Honestly, I dont know why the Pro auto is even in existstance anymore. The chain return system is horrible.

I just wish they would use the same wiper system on the auto disk, it seems to leak a lot more then the pro auto system.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I've got the pro. Like others stated, it will throw on the low side, so I bump up to the next up from the recommended one and then weigh it. I keep bumping it up and weighing until I get close to the weight specified. Usually the next one up will do it (at least with the powders that I've used).

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I've got the pro. Like others stated, it will throw on the low side, so I bump up to the next up from the recommended one and then weigh it. I keep bumping it up and weighing until I get close to the weight specified. Usually the next one up will do it (at least with the powders that I've used).
    Exactly what I do, I start with the recommended and bump it up till I get the correct weight. I have no issues with the chain, except when it breaks!

Top Bottom