• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    WHIDPA 3 Gun Match this Saturday at the Impact Zone.

Anyone interested in Joining us?

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I'll be there, but I usually am. If you still have that shotgun laying around, could you bring it if it's not too much trouble? This is Jason.

School me on "3 Gun Match"...
    What is it and how does it work?
    It's a practical shooting match that involves using a rifle, pistol, and shotgun. To be competitive you'll need a semi-automatic rifle that is .223 caliber or larger. Most people use AR-15's. A pistol that in at least 9mm and a shotgun that is at least 20 ga. If you want to shoot and don't have all three types of guns you can bring some extra .223, 12 ga. or 9mm and I'll loan you whatever else you need.

At this particular match you will be engaging steel plates with the rifle out to 65 yards and paper targets with the rifle and pistol at closer ranges. With the shotgun you will be shooting at clay targets that are static and steel plates. Scoring is based on how long it takes you to shoot the particular course of fire with time added for any missed targets.

Here are some videos I found on youtube from a WHIDPA 3 gun match last year. I'm not sure who's these are but they'll give you an idea of what to expect. There are lots of others on youtube if you search for 3 gun match.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fshepherd1973#play/all/uploads-all/0/Av-t8ep7eXg

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Jason,

I am in Dallas this weekend for a family reunion.

I still have the shotgun.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    No problem, just thought you were going to the match.

More info about the match for anybody interested. This is from the match director Bob.
    First rounds downrange at 0900, AT the ImpactZone
    Bring water and sunscreen
    Steel rifle targets ONLY, ammo restrictions
    If a magnet sticks to your bullet DO NOT USE ON THE RIFLE STEEL

Ammunition:
    No tracer, armor piercing (AP), or armor piercing incendiary (API) ammunition.
    NO Steel jacketed ammo or steel core for steel targets.
    Unacceptable ammo includes (but not limited to) US M855, European SS109, and Canadian C77 steel-core .223 ammunition.

For pistols, jacketed, cast lead, or hollow point ammo is acceptable.

For shotgun stages no shot larger than #4 will be allowed when shooting steel.

Slings ARE necessary this month

Prepare for:
    Challenging and threat rich environments for rifle, shotgun, and pistol.

Expect:
    Shotgun - Including clays, swinging clays and Texas Star with direction choice - 14 shot minimum

rifle around the van - 13 threat targets, ONLY 10 rifle rounds , you decide where to use or pistol 13 threat targets, SLING NEEDED THIS STAGE or you can hold your rifle.

Rifle - Pistol in big bay you decide which way to shoot. If you want to use your rifle you must bring with you, there will be positions to lay down your rifle if needed - 26 threat targets including 1 clamshell and a swinger

Around the back side.......3 steel targets 65 & 50yds with movement - 5 shots min 60 second par time, you might be breathing a little hard for the second shots and if I can do it............

A FEW RULE to REMEMBER
    Must score 6 points to neutralize, .308 or larger, 5 points to neutralize
    NO pistol optics and magazines must "fit the gun" , i.e nothing more than a base pad sticking out.
    9 rounds max shotgun capcity (tube + chamber)

Top Bottom