Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I read somewhere they found someone making threats (bragging) about a shooting on the dark web. I've never been on the dark web, so I'm not really sure if there's a forum or something for such threats/bragging.
    On Tor, Freenet and all the other technologies generally thought of as the dark web, there's a forum or discussion thread or chan for every weird, violent, and/or illegal thing you can imagine. I've found things I could not imagine until I saw them. The notion that someone would brag about their plans to commit a mass shooting at a movie, in those contexts, sounds almost quaint and innocent compared to the stuff that's often posted with pictures, video, and documentation.
    Texas SOT

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Don’t worry, the 30.06 signs will stop any potential shooters

Meanwhile, the Army released this

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/us-ar...-shootings-by-incels-at-joker-screenings/amp/

IMO, while we should respect private property rights, any business which chooses to ban conceal carry with a 30.06 sign should be required to provide armed security. “Gun Free” zones are soft targets and a public safety risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. And I will not be going to see a movie. Quit going several years back. No money to the libs in Hollywood

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Today show just reported about the threat in LA with the movie. I am not planning on seeing it. I want to see it as much as I want to see the new Rambo movie which is nil.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t think wanting to see the movie or not is as relevant as the left attempting to create a narrative that it will lead to violence and (imo) hoping the all of the talk actually WILL lead to violence at which time they will blame said violence on a right wing individual.

NOT a false flag, I think I they are hoping for a self fulfilling prophecy.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Like others here, I don't go to movie theatres any longer.

I won't pay to sit in a movie to listen to someone blabbing on their phone or to each other at max volume while they put their feet on the back of my chair and then I have to confront them.

If I'm interested in a movie it'll come to me eventually and usually it'll be another highly touted, disappointing pos anyway making me glad I didn't GO see it....

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I really can't take any one seriously who would sit through 2 hours of crap like these comic book movies. I take it as a sure sign they should be on my ignore list.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I'll post a review here after I see it on Wednesday

Those of you who won't go because people talk in your theater need to find a different theater. I only go to Alamo Drafthouse.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Meh! I can drink beer and watch movies on a big screen at home. Safer also (no DUI).

Also:
    - no mysterious stickiness on the floors
    - no wondering “why is my seat still so warm?”
    - no “what the hell is that smell?”
    - no people talking, to each other or on cell phones
    - the only idiots watching with you, are the ones you invite over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I read somewhere they found someone making threats (bragging) about a shooting on the dark web. I've never been on the dark web, so I'm not really sure if there's a forum or something for such threats/bragging.

I won't be seeing the movie. The last movie I went to see at a theater was when I took my daughter to see Toy Story.

99.9% of net users don't get on the dark web. There are some ... interesting places on the dark web, but it's not like here where people say things to fluff themselves, that still happens, but there's a reason this is being taken seriously.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Don’t worry, the 30.06 signs will stop any potential shooters

Meanwhile, the Army released this

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/us-ar...-shootings-by-incels-at-joker-screenings/amp/

IMO, while we should respect private property rights, any business which chooses to ban conceal carry with a 30.06 sign should be required to provide armed security. “Gun Free” zones are soft targets and a public safety risk.

Santikos theaters are not posted, they have reclining seats, and they serve beer. I've only seen a sign that says no knives with blades over 12 inches. In any case I'll wait to see what the Audience Score is on Rotten Tomatoes before I decide. BTW, Santikos is owned by the city of San Antonio.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The Dark Web is not so easily accessed and...well.................not a place I want to visit or be known to have visited.............

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    ...... I've found things I could not imagine until I saw them. ....

This right here speaks volumes. I've read many of your stories and experiences that I would have never imagined, so for you to say this puts things in perspective.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The Dark Web is not ... a place I want to visit or be known to have visited.
    At one time, it was my job to be there. Now, I know of some good and useful tasks I can accomplish there so I still visit occasionally but my life wouldn't be worse if I had never heard of the place.

That, however, is a selfish, first-world viewpoint. For folks living under oppressive regimes, I imagine it's a godsend.

In this case, Darkpriest667 has hit the nail on the head. Threats made on the dark web should be considered in a different light than threats made on clearnet.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    No interest.......

Haven't gone to a walk in theatre in decades.......

Oh Brother Where Art Thou was the last theatre movie I've seen. Don't recall when it came out, but it's hitvto at least 10 years.

Top Bottom