• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I watched the game. I was hoping for the Saints to win. Unfortunately now I realize what that means....... We have to put up with the "WhoDat" people for a year. Win one SuperBowl and you would think they have been champs for years!!!!!!! Glad they won, but this is going to get annoying fast!!!!!

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Sorry, but you sound like... well, I won't say it.

But give me a break. Arguably, the worst team in NFL history, who's fans stayed true through thick & thin, makes it to the top - a few years after our city and culture were all but wiped out. Give me a break.

I watched the game. I was hoping for the Saints to win. Unfortunately now I realize what that means....... We have to put up with the "WhoDat" people for a year. Win one SuperBowl and you would think they have been champs for years!!!!!!! Glad they won, but this is going to get annoying fast!!!!!

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Sorry, but you sound like... well, I won't say it.

But give me a break. Arguably, the worst team in NFL history, who's fans stayed true through thick & thin, makes it to the top - a few years after our city and culture were all but wiped out. Give me a break.

No break needed. I'm glad they won, I'm happy for the team, the city and the state. I just happen to have dealt with people over the last 3 hours that act like they have been Saints fans for years, and they act like the team has won 6 SB's in a row. You appear to be a true fan and use words like "our city" so I would guess you are from the area. I have no issue with you at all. It's the bargain basement bandwaggon fans that are already getting annoying. That's all. Although the thick & thin part could be questionable, I seem to recall brown bags and the "Ain'ts" back in the day. LOL

Oh and "If I sound like a ....." feel free to finish it. Everyone's entitle to an opinion.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Since Drew Brees started playing with the Saints:

Drew Brees
    122/57 TD-INT
    1572/2355 = 66.8% completion
    11.64 yds. per completion
    1 Ring
    1 SB MVP

Peyton Manning
    16939 yards
    122/51 TD-INT
    1463/2198 = 66.6%
    11.58 yds. per completion
    1 Ring
    1 SB MVP

About the only thing Manning has that Drew Brees doesn't is regular season MVP awards. Judging by the stats, he probably should have.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Ha, no worries, and no foul... I have noticed a bandwagon, both post-Katrina, and post-1st NFC championship game. I used to see Saints gear outside of the region, and assume they were from there... no longer. But it's OK by me, if other people want to like 'em.

Yeah, the paper-bag years were wild. We'd lose just about every game and still sell out the Dome. You had to learn to live for individual games, and even individual plays. Things like playoffs or a winning season were just not on the menu, and a superbowl was unthinkable. Like many, I still see them as the lovable losers. Having lived in areas with dynasties (San Francisco & Washington DC), I was always blown away by how their fans would turn away form the team, when they were having a bad year - not so in New Orleans, we fill the Dome in years where we're 3-13. I guess, after yesterday's game, I've gotta come to terms with the reality that they're more than that, but old habits die-hard.

So, no bandwagon here... but I'll still be fooling myself, by seeing them as the lovable underdog. At least for a while... LOL

No break needed. I'm glad they won, I'm happy for the team, the city and the state. I just happen to have dealt with people over the last 3 hours that act like they have been Saints fans for years, and they act like the team has won 6 SB's in a row. You appear to be a true fan and use words like "our city" so I would guess you are from the area. I have no issue with you at all. It's the bargain basement bandwaggon fans that are already getting annoying. That's all. Although the thick & thin part could be questionable, I seem to recall brown bags and the "Ain'ts" back in the day. LOL

Oh and "If I sound like a ....." feel free to finish it. Everyone's entitle to an opinion.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I guess I'll just be the unpopular one here and say I was cheering for the Colts? ;)

I thought for sure that New Orleans had screwed up right from the coin toss by electing to receive -- since the Colts are a 2nd Half team. I suppose they had that on side kick planned from the very beginning. I didn't see it coming and it was probably my favorite moment of the game.

All in all I think it was a boring game as far as Super Bowls go, the Vikings & Saints game was a much more exciting football game.

Saints sure pulled off the come back victory, though. Good for them. :)

Top Bottom