• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chief DAC

USN MNC Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Wood County Texas
    Not a big fan. I was stationed in Iceland for three years. The two primary meat sources were lamb and fish. I loved the fish but lamb hot dogs and hamburgers did not do much for me. We also were able to buy fresh whale meat. Not a fan of that either.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Lamb seems to be like cilantro. You either like it or you don’t. Wife’s family grew up on it. She won’t eat it and neither will I. I tried to like it, but just not a fan. Went over to in-laws one year for Easter. BIL & SIL had a smoker going with a rotisserie turning. Opened the lid and it looked like a skinned lab on the spit. It was lamb.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    5E91DEF8-04D5-4610-8EE4-390F5FDAF3D2.jpeg

1 hour in and I just flipped it over. My marinate is roasted garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, cilantro, white onion salt & pepper.

I made scratch hummus & tabouli to go with it. Most people I know won’t eat it. My dad hated it, only because he was served mutton during WWII.

I don’t understand people who like venison, but won’t eat lamb. I do my lamb as I do venison. I like it rare. Wish I had some nan bread to go with it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I absolutely LOVE LAMB!

My wife and I eat it once and sometimes twice a week.

Someone mentioned they don't like it because it's gamey.

We like it 'because' it's gamey.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    That looks tasty! Did you make slits in the exterior and insert garlic cloves? If not, try that next time; the garlic flavor seeps into the meat and makes every bite delectable.

A rite of passage was when we were allowed to join the men to drink ouzo, at around thirteen. I still hoist a few when we cook our lamb. :cool:

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The lamb has to be young, six months or less, so it does not get that strong mutton flavor.

A fair introduction to good lamb is to order Luckenbach (TX) "lollipops" in a good restaurant.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I love lamb, not mutton.

As kids, we used to turn the spitted lambs over coals on Greek Easter. Good times, great memories!
    Greek. Ya, that’s what my wife is. Have to stand back when MIL talks, otherwise I might get an accidental poke in the eye or hit on the head when she gets really excited. Hands and arms all over the place lol..

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The lamb has to be young, six months or less, so it does not get that strong mutton flavor.

A fair introduction to good lamb is to order Luckenbach (TX) "lollipops" in a good restaurant.
    Nothing I loved more then when lamb rack got marked down at work. I wish I had the Kamado back then. Bobo the Bulldog and me ate many a rack together

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Yes; leg of lamb (remove the gland(s); most people don't seem to know that), lamp chops, big lamb chops...

A wannabe chef was proud of his leg of lamb. He dined (yes, leg of lamb) with us one evening and wanted all of the leftovers.

Top Bottom