• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I used Texas Concealed Handgun for my initial class and for renewal. The class is taught at Grady's BBQ on Bandera Rd so it was a comfortable place to be. The class was professional and informative and part of it was taught by a Bexar County ADA. There was plenty of opportunity to ask questions and have them answered by someone who knew what they were talking about. They took care of everything, pictures, fingerprints, donuts, coffee and notary. All I had to do was put everything in an envelope and mail it. The classroom portion is on Saturdays as I said at Grady's BBQ. The shooting portion is on Sunday at Bracken range.

ddejesus82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    san antonio tx
    Texas Concealed Handgun was were I took mine at. It's done at the Gradys BBQ on Bandera, plus you get a $5.00 discount on food. They do everything there for you, so you don't have the hassle of worrying about the paperwork.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    There is a retired Police Officer in Pleasanton, just south of SA, who has been teaching the class since its inception. I know a ton of police officer's wives who have gone to him and he does an excellent job. I sat through the class when my wife took it. He does the fingerprints and makes sure you are ready to mail the packet when you leave. He does one on one classes as well as groups and is cheaper than most classes I have seen advertised.

PM me and I can give you some contact info if you are interested.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I took my initial class at the Bullethole, and it did take care of all the administrivia but the course itself was a joke. Honestly, if they feel they have to run a PowerPoint presentation during the exam to help people out, then they didn't do their job. Plus, simply by reading the Texas Concealed Handgun Laws booklet from the DPS web site, I noticed several errors in their lesson plan.
    And the mere fact that they believe they are "San Antonio's best range" shows how out of touch with reality they are!

Luckily, my renewal is due early next year and I have other options. My company has a CHL instructor working in it, and he actually does classes for the employees. I also work with another CHL instructor who also teaches the course, so I am going one of those routes. As I've stated numerous times before, I won't step foot in the Bullethole again, even if they offered to do my refresher class for free! We almost were hit by a ricochet the first time I took the course there!

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom