• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Assuming the executive order Obama signed gets through as written, is there any CLEO sign-off hope in the area? Boerne? Bandera?

We haven't bought a house yet and this could play a factor in our decision-making.

Thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Go south.

And we still haven't heard if the new Bexar County sheriff is signing. Knowing how PC she is, I'm sure she'll put off making the decision as long as possible to protect her image as she did constantly while in the USAF....

GunRunner007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Bexar county sheriff wont sign. I tried a few weeks ago and she personally e-mailed me and said it is policy that her office does not sign off on class III firearms for anyone. She didnt state why though. I just went ahead and established an NFA trust and submitted my form 1 and form 4.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Bexar county sheriff wont sign. I tried a few weeks ago and she personally e-mailed me and said it is policy that her office does not sign off on class III firearms for anyone. She didnt state why though. I just went ahead and established an NFA trust and submitted my form 1 and form 4.
    That is disappointing to hear. Any chance you could copy and paste that email on here?

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I am getting a trust together next week myself. The idea of a CLEO sign-off is antiquated. How are they going to add anything useful to a NICS check when one is being done by the FFL transferring the item(s) to you? Simply another hassle mechanism against law-abiding gun owners...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Yep, that's the kind of response I was expecting. Doesn't she realize that SHE'S the sheriff and the one that makes the policy?!?

Top Bottom