• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a Specialized Hardrock Sport mountain bike
    tires and seat are needing replaced but I know these are expensive bikes and I don't want to give it away onCraigslist
    can someone give me a reasonable value
    I can text picture if needed

thanks
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    How old is it? The Specialized Hardrock Sport was an entry-level mountain bike when new; and depending on the year, MSRP new was only between $390-500...

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/SearchListing.aspx?make=741&model=41631

Given that it needs tires and a seat, your sounds like it may be in the $100-250 range tops. Most people don't buy old mountain bikes even in good condition because the technology is outdated...

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    I agree with the post above. However, if it's an older model with *steel* frame that's in good condition (newer ones are made of aluminum), some people will pay a little more. Do you know what year it is, or if the frame is steel?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It's about 6-7 years old
    It's lightweight I'm pretty sure it's aluminum
    I'll check with a magnet
    Thank you

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Bikes depreciate like electronics. I think you'd be very lucky to get $200 for it.

The older steel Specialized steel frame bikes do fetch a bit more than the new aluminum bikes, but typically only the Stumpjumper and above. The Hardrock is an entry level bike and even as a chromoly bike, $200 would be a hard sell. Just give it to one of your nephews or neighbor's kid. I don't think Specialized has made chromoly bikes since at least the 90s, so yours is probably aluminum.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Size of the frame will have a bearing on the value, too. If the frame is very small or very large, it's hard to sell. Put a magnet on that frame. It will tell you about whether it's Ferrous or Non Ferrous PDQ.

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Oddly enough, I just realized that we have a Specialized Hardrock Sport in the garage! It belongs to my son, but he hasn't ridden it for years. Once they get their driver's license, they lose all interest in peddling! :D

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Pics would help a lot. I just bought my son a bike that was big money when it came out ten years ago for only $125 thanks to the extreme depreciation. Only ridden twice, Michelin tires still had the rubber injection-molding things sticking off. No front shocks, though. "Useless" for the hobby as far as the hardcore are concerned. Bicyclists are as loyal to old bikes as Casanova was to nuns. Buying used is the way to go if you are thrifty.

Top Bottom