• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Knew a guy in North Carolina, worked for the power company, worked 5 minutes a year, made 6 figures, and lived in the Bahamas. They would fly him in when it was time to work...

......and he would step into the reactor to turn a valve off. They would do the maintenance and then he would step back in and turn the valve back on. Maximum yearly allowable exposure, and get on a plane back to the Bahamas.
    I feel like I've been cheated.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am disappointed that Gun Digest did not put out their 'Great Guns' daily calendar this year as they've done for many years. I always get one from my family for Christmas and it is how I have started my day at work forever. I even have a collection of the M1911 dates as they are some beautiful pistols.

51X1-6P46WL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I emailed them about it and got this reply...
    Unfortunately, at this time, we are not producing a 2019 Gun Digest calendar this year.

However, we are hoping to put one out for a 2020 edition of the calendar.

Thanks for your understanding and interest in our products.
    Pretty sad! :crash:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I am disappointed that Gun Digest did not put out their 'Great Guns' daily calendar this year as they've done for many years. I always get one from my family for Christmas and it is how I have started my day at work forever. I even have a collection of the M1911 dates as they are some beautiful pistols.

View attachment 159117

I emailed them about it and got this reply...

Pretty sad! :crash:
    There are companies that will custom make calendars for you. Uses your pictures, dates, etc. I thought about making one with some of my toys.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I do have a great Mayan calendar hanging at my desk but they never released one for 2013 so it's a few years out of date.
    I just watched a clip last night of a guy who invented his own calendar. Some guy who adds numbers really quickly. I thought "Whose Calendar..." meant "which calendar (Mayan, Chinese, etc)". His calendar has 13 months, 7 day weeks, 28 day months, and starts on day 0 and then 1-7 to get to 365 so Saturday is always the first, Sunday is always the 7th, etc. Maybe like roulette he has a 00 once in a while for leap year.

So when you said "Mayan", it was fresh in my mind that it ended in 2012. Wouldn't have gotten the reference otherwise. Lucky you, he released a new 2013 calendar that is 2013.0.0. I think he said the Mayans ended with 2012.12.21.

Our Gregorian wall calendars are Glock and Wilson Combat, courtesy of our dealer programs...and Sports South (distributor) sends us a calendar usually too.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I do have a Julian Date Calendar, although I rarely use it. When I worked for the government there were more instances I needed something like that.

Top Bottom