• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LL_Spartan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2023
    Houston
    Its pretty simple to me. Its an incredibly common intermediate caliber, the volume is there to support what ever your needs are for target, training or an actual fight. The AR platform itself is widely supported with volumes of information accessible to help you address any issue you come across. Lastly the argument that the caliber isnt lethal is complete fallacy, there are plenty of people who have been taken down by 5.56
    Military Camp

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Its pretty simple to me. Its an incredibly common intermediate caliber, the volume is there to support what ever your needs are for target, training or an actual fight. The AR platform itself is widely supported with volumes of information accessible to help you address any issue you come across. Lastly the argument that the caliber isnt lethal is complete fallacy, there are plenty of people who have been taken down by 5.56
    <>

’’Lastly the argument that the caliber isnt lethal is complete fallacy, there are plenty of people who have been taken down by 5.56’’

Was that in reference to overcoming common “body armor” ?

<?>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Didn't some dude in Alaska kill a grizzly with an ak74? Took 11 rounds iirc
    <>

I recall from years back that a 10 y o Alaskan Girl had killed a large grizzly which had tree’d her. She shot it once w/ .22LR through the eye, it fell dead.

Same way Cajun boys kill 500# gators w/ .22LR.

Just don’t miss the eye !

leVieux

<>

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    This is quite an interesting thread for me.

I found a couple articles.that seems to add credence to what some here have said:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    .300blk is a niche caliber, expensive and you don't get the sheer variety of loads to choose from
    Nope, from 100gr to 250gr, subs to hot supers. 145gr @ 2100 isn't a pistol load!

Bobbycurtdawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    El Paso
    One point I'd add, is it's the most commonly available steel core ball ammo. M855 is available in bulk, and multiple companies make SS109 bullets and sell M855. For other calibers, you're stuck hunting down surplus ammo, if you can find it, if the cartridge has been around for that long. It doesn't matter for hunting or home defense, but if it's a choice in cartridge for a duty rifle, it's something to think about

Top Bottom