• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have had Nikon scopes for a very long time. The beast on my 06 is awesome. Has the AO, which has been a great tool while hunting. I have a half dozen on various guns.

During a coyote hunting trip I had an issue with a Monarch. Had the scope re-mounted by a smith, still had the issue.

So I mailed it to Nikon, and in about 10 days, I get a box in the mail with a brand new one, with BDC. More powerful zoom and BDC, which my original didn't have. That is some great customer service.

View attachment 14152
    Target Sports

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Once you've used Leupolds and Nikons, all those lesser brands just don't cut it.
    Eh... it kinda depends on what you want. If you're trying to reach out to long ranges, then yeah you want to spend the big bucks and get the clearest scope you can. The problem is you can get 80% of the quality at 1/4th the price. If you don't think you'll ever shoot past 250yds a Simmons or BSA will work just fine for you.

Nikon certainly makes a high value scope, tho... There are definitely nicer scopes out there, but Nikon's quality/price ratio should make you stop and think if you really need that $2000 scope or not.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    I like my Nikon. It's no Nightforce and it's no S&B and I'm not deluded into thinking it's even on the same level as those, but it's also a fraction of the cost. For the distances I shoot (inside 200 yds), it suits me just fine. I've shot my rifle at dusk in a heavy rainstorm at 100 yds, and even with the darkness and rain in the way, it gathered enough light that I could still see the black crosshairs against a black target. I'm pleased with that.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Eh... it kinda depends on what you want. If you're trying to reach out to long ranges, then yeah you want to spend the big bucks and get the clearest scope you can. The problem is you can get 80% of the quality at 1/4th the price. If you don't think you'll ever shoot past 250yds a Simmons or BSA will work just fine for you.

Nikon certainly makes a high value scope, tho... There are definitely nicer scopes out there, but Nikon's quality/price ratio should make you stop and think if you really need that $2000 scope or not.

If you're shooting in the dim light of morning or evening - typical for deer hunting - then a quality scope makes all the difference in the world.

Top Bottom