Why isn't John Cornyn supporting the filibuster against more gun control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I got an email from him this past week saying he would continue to oppose all gun control measures.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I noticed this last time Paul fili'd that the senior Senators didn't get involved either. I wonder if there is some sort of arrangement like certain parts of the group do one thing while others do another in an effort to tackle an issue on several fronts. Kind of like a team.

But generally I'm naive :p Maybe the "old guys" just don't want to do what the "young guys" are doing. Might be too much physical work/pain in the rear. Maybe they dont agree with the tactic. I have no idea, I am just guessing.

I've tried to stay on Cornyn with written communication and each response but it is the standard canned response of "not limiting the rights of citizens", etc. No specific on his stance on the matter right now.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We sent the "young guys" to Congress to buck the trends and to split up the "good old boy" ways of not doing business. I voted for Ted Cruz, support him 100% and am proud that he represents me in Congress!

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We sent the "young guys" to Congress to buck the trends and to split up the "good old boy" ways of not doing business. I voted for Ted Cruz, support him 100% and am proud that he represents me in Congress!

Flash

Concur, Cruz is kicking ass in Washington and one of the best new guns on the block! He serves Texas proud!

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    It really pains me to say that, but Cornyn is a f'in politician. He WILL sell us down the tubes. The question is when. Some dem will dangle the right carrot sooner or later, and Cornyn will bite.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    He needs to back up Rand Paul , and Ted Cruz on their filibuster. This can be a teaching moment for the Senate, as well as the American people concerning the constitutional provision that the right to keep & bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED = gun control is not a topic for the U.S. Congress to even consider. Hence a filibuster of any legislative attempt to violate that provision of the U.S. Constitution is entirely appropriate.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    he needs to back up rand paul , and ted cruz on their filibuster. This can be a teaching moment for the senate, as well as the american people concerning the constitutional provision that the right to keep & bear arms shall not be infringed = gun control is not a topic for the u.s. Congress to even consider. Hence a filibuster of any legislative attempt to violate that provision of the u.s. Constitution is entirely appropriate.

this !!!!

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I hope the people of Arizona are paying attention as well as Texas are paying attention and vote their RINO reps out.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    Today we have a MASS KNIFING TRAGEDY at the Lone Star College in Cypress. As of 2 PM MSNBC is not even interested in reporting on it - GEEE ?

This is exactly what this gun-ban debate is all about. Get rid of the guns - and this is what you get !

The gun-ban zealots are all about CONTROLLING THE MASSES - not about stopping VIOLENCE.

Last edited:

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    This is close to Cypress - where Matefrio lives - anyone see the irony besides me ?

12 DPS troopers protecting the People of Texas from Matefrio at the Capitol.

Meanwhile the cpmbined efforts of Texas Rangers, DPS, Kaufman County Sheriff's Office, Kaufman PD can't locate the people that murdered the D.A.'s and the McClellan's wife.

While I'm on that subject - it is obvious that the murderers of the McClellan's presented themselves at the front door as "Law enforcement" at 4 A.M.

I would call 911 before I opened a door to someone announcing that they were LE at 4 A.M.

What if the first person this nutcase tried to stab was carrying with a CHL ? Is it possible that there would not have been 13 more people stabbed?

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    OK, everybody take a deep breath.

I understand the frustration, but before we get too carried away with this remember that Cornyn has, to my knowledge, given absolutely no indication whatsoever that he's not on board with gun owners 100%. There is no reason to kick him to the curb right now.

The flip side of this filibuster idea is that if you allowed the Senate to vote, you'd either see these measures go down in flames and probably be done for good (or at least for a good while), or you'd have a bunch of red state Dem's (and probably some RINO's) show their true colors and you could then focus on getting them the hell out of office next time. Also, too many filibusters or threats of filibusters and they lose their effectiveness.

I'm thrilled to death with Cruz so far and am excited to see somebody up there shaking things up, but as was mentioned before, in the long run these are fights that are best fought on a number of fronts and it helps to have a steady man doing work behind the scenes as well. I see Cruz and Cornyn's different styles as complementing, not opposing, each other. They are both, as far as I can tell, working toward the same goal.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I'm honestly all supportive of taking a vote now on the convoluted, crap legislation that's on the table so that it can get voted down and we can all move on with our lives.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I'm honestly all supportive of taking a vote now on the convoluted, crap legislation that's on the table so that it can get voted down and we can all move on with our lives.

Absolutely. The Republicans should be demanding daily and loudly that Harry Reid allow an up-or-down vote on Fienstein's bill. It would lose and lose spectacularly.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Term limits, as they remain in DC too long they become what DC is,corrupt,they party, breed and it becomes a culture in it's self becomes difficult to see the good from the bad. Cornyn appears to walk a center line however that is almost impossible due to the radical left I don't see how we can reach a comprise with them on anything.

Top Bottom