Capitol Armory ad

Why isn't John Cornyn supporting the filibuster against more gun control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm honestly all supportive of taking a vote now on the convoluted, crap legislation that's on the table so that it can get voted down and we can all move on with our lives.

I'll be honest, I also kinda hope for an up or down vote in the senate. That way those dems in more conservative states are forced to act... They're in a catch 22...
    Hurley's Gold

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Reid said Fienswines AWB isnt going up for a vote. We need to worry about the UBC bill, thats the one that might have a chance. The rest I'm not too worried about.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm honestly all supportive of taking a vote now on the convoluted, crap legislation that's on the table so that it can get voted down and we can all move on with our lives.

Yeah, that'd be good to get this junk off the table and move on already

Term limits, as they remain in DC too long they become what DC is,corrupt,they party, breed and it becomes a culture in it's self becomes difficult to see the good from the bad. Cornyn appears to walk a center line however that is almost impossible due to the radical left I don't see how we can reach a comprise with them on anything.

There's some truth here. They get all use to doing things in their little circle and they keep doing things the same way for the last 10-20yrs. They're behind the curve with how the nation actually is. They live in a bubble and have no clue. They're behind the times.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Reid said Fienswines AWB isnt going up for a vote. We need to worry about the UBC bill, thats the one that might have a chance. The rest I'm not too worried about.

Don't forget, it could be shoved back in as an amendment, once things get rolling, and then only need 51 votes. So keeping it from even rolling is the best option. Go Cruz, Go Paul.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    So they've decided to compromise and a vote goes down tomorrow. The only thing that the Senate seems to be voting on is a slightly increased BGC system. Personal sales are untouched but now you have to do a background check at gun shows and with Internet sales. Which makes me scratch my head wondering how that's honestly any different than what we have now :confused: Unless they're making non-dealers that just rent tables or wander around the aisles holding up signs do one, too. Internet sales? I have to do a 4473 every time I buy something on the Internet since it has to come to my FFL. So glad Congress can continue wasting our time and taxpayer dollars on this bullpucky while putting off finishing a budget deal, reforming entitlements, coming up with concrete immigration reform, doing something about the jobless situation, etc. etc.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Here's the deal ~ you got a bunch of lawyers enacting more laws. Knowing that they desperately want to disarm us and strip the 2nd Amendment from the Bill of Rights, there is no way in Hell I believe any of this is anything other than more Laws to disarm the American People.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So they've decided to compromise and a vote goes down tomorrow. The only thing that the Senate seems to be voting on is a slightly increased BGC system. Personal sales are untouched but now you have to do a background check at gun shows and with Internet sales. Which makes me scratch my head wondering how that's honestly any different than what we have now :confused: Unless they're making non-dealers that just rent tables or wander around the aisles holding up signs do one, too. Internet sales? I have to do a 4473 every time I buy something on the Internet since it has to come to my FFL. So glad Congress can continue wasting our time and taxpayer dollars on this bullpucky while putting off finishing a budget deal, reforming entitlements, coming up with concrete immigration reform, doing something about the jobless situation, etc. etc.

kabob, don't fall for it. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a Trojan horse. They want to regulate all private FTF sales with UBCs. The typical transaction we all know and have done, the private FTF sale, exchange money, exchange firearm, is the intended target of the bill. Forget the spouse/family/neighbor jingly shiny keys being dangled in front of us.

I haven't seen bill text yet, I don't know if it's out. But I am skeptical that it will be written to our satisfaction. They ALWAYS screw us.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Oh I'm not supporting it. I just find it extremely tiring that Congress is wasting so many resources on what amounts to what we all knew was going to be more neutered and ineffectual legislation.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    No shit, it really is tiresome how idiotic most of the politicians are.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Im hoping thats just to get it out to of committee so it can fail. If it does get out of the senate there better be some heads roll come 2014 if a republican votes for any of this crap.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Im hoping thats just to get it out to of committee so it can fail. If it does get out of the senate there better be some heads roll come 2014 if a republican votes for any of this crap.

Yea I'm curious how much that is the case for some of the votes. And how many votes stayed on principle. I hope this is to get it in and out for good.

I'm not too trusting of some of the Rs that are carousing in the so called "Gang of Eight" on the immigration reform work that voted in on this. It seems our side is the one that gives up concessions in these "bipartisan compromises".

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX

Be careful what you ask for, things like this can start to steamroll out of control if it gets it's first shove down the hill.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Someone pisted the 16 Rs who voted on it in the news articke section. I'll obstain from calling out the lynch mod just yet but I see quite a few names on there I already dont like. Graham, Coburn, McCain, and Toomey are already on my shit list.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Be careful what you ask for, things like this can start to steamroll out of control if it gets it's first shove down the hill.

Didny say I liked it, just that I hope that it was released for a general vote so it could die. If the Rs dont let sone stuff out of committee then we can never expect a vote on other issues. That doesnt change the fact I think it shouldve never made it this far.

Link posted in anoyher thread for the Rs who voted for it
    List of Republican, Democratic defections on Senate gun legislation - Fox News

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I'm glad Cornyn voted to prevent to try and prevent this from going to debate, I just wish he would have made his position more clear from the get go.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

That's what Senator Lee said in his statements prior to the vote. That they were voting to move a bill forward without having the full bill in front of them. (Late last night the Toomey-Manchin text was released, 10 hours after the vote was taken).

Top Bottom