• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    Certainly true. However we are working together to get the RINOs out.

Working together towards a common goal has always been at the heart of the relationship between libertarians and conservatives. That said, the gay agenda is not the cause they need to unite over/rally around as the author of the article in the OP suggests.

We need to focus on issues that have considerably more social capital.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So one of the supposed pragmatic benefits is that people need to be allowed to be "married"...ahem...for the benefits. How about marrying 3 people? 100? Whos to say?

This isnt a slippery slope...its a cliff.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Working together towards a common goal has always been at the heart of the relationship between libertarians and conservatives. That said, the gay agenda is not the cause they need to unite over/rally around as the author of the article in the OP suggests.

well said

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If I was gay, I still wouldn't be attracted to that guy who calls himself Hillary.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    In all fairness I've seen chicks with more cameltoe than that (and yes sometimes it would sit to the side like that). Although still a funny thought especially considering all the rumors that Obama himself is gay....and all this time I thought Michelle was just his beard lol.

more than just a beard. seems like she is his cock and balls, too

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I can meet the libertarians in the middle. We arent in the middle now.
    I don't think we're in the middle at all right now. We're deep into the "total government" side of the scale. Not quite all the way there yet, but very far from the "total liberty" end.

If we could get rid of the income tax all of these "issues of our time" wouldn't really be issues at all.

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    If we could get rid of the income tax all of these "issues of our time" wouldn't really be issues at all.

While I would love to pay no income taxes, the reality of it is that it'll never go away. Talking about it is fine on an Internet gun forum, but rational discourse on this topic will never take place in the halls of power. Constitutionally, it can't. In today's world, defense of the country costs a lot of money and has to be paid for. Even with a limited government, there would still be costs. Does it need to be a LOT smaller than it is now? Absolutely, but it still would require funding.

I'll infer by your post that you mean that the "gay marriage" thing would go away if there were no income taxes. You're more of an optimist than I am. Even if there were no income tax, I think the LGBT "movement" would STILL push for the legal use of the term "marriage," in the context of a homosexual relationship. They want their cake and eat it too.

IMHO, common ground issues are an overreaching government (at all levels) and public education. As a social conservative, I would stand shoulder to shoulder with most libertarians on those issues. Gay marriage is a non-starter for me because it's a unilateral issue.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok, I gotta ask.

What's the fucking point of having cake if you're NOT gonna eat it?

Top Bottom