• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    " Drain the Swamp" wiki

Trump didn't invent that catch phrase- It's been bandied in the beltway for decades. In DC, it has been the war cry of the largest Federal union of government employees- AFGE, to refer to third-party contracts that threatened those on the govt payroll. The Federal union got to be so powerful that strikes could bring government to a halt, so third party contractors were being hired at alarming rates, fueled by special interest money.

AFGE is a labor union that represents over 750,000 federal and D.C. government workers across the United States and the world. 3/4 of a million workers in one union that many have not heard of.

Trump co-opted the phrase to mean something different to the casual observer, but was a rally cry to those in the union long before Trump uttered it. Mussolini is said to have use the term, metaphorically and literally:

Mussolini used the phrase "drain the swamp" when he made moves to overhaul the country’s unpopular government bureaucracy.

"He knew that citizens were fed up with a bureaucracy that seemed to grow bigger and less efficient each year, so he insisted on daily roll calls in ministry offices and berated employees for arriving late to work or taking long lunches.

"Mussolini initiated a campaign to 'drenare la palude' ('drain the swamp') by firing more than 35,000 civil servants,
    " .Madeleine Albright wrote, who served as secretary of state under President Bill Clinton.

Here is a hat I have that predates Trump by several years:

View attachment 446230

View attachment 446229
    <>

Anything which forces large groups of Humans to ‘’be of one mind’’ cannot be of ultimate good, no. matter the immediate ‘’benefit’’.

<>

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    " Drain the Swamp" wiki

Trump didn't invent that catch phrase- It's been bandied in the beltway for decades. In DC, it has been the war cry of the largest Federal union of government employees- AFGE, to refer to third-party contracts that threatened those on the govt payroll. The Federal union got to be so powerful that strikes could bring government to a halt, so third party contractors were being hired at alarming rates, fueled by special interest money.

AFGE is a labor union that represents over 750,000 federal and D.C. government workers across the United States and the world. 3/4 of a million workers in one union that many have not heard of.

Trump co-opted the phrase to mean something different to the casual observer, but was a rally cry to those in the union long before Trump uttered it. Mussolini is said to have use the term, metaphorically and literally:

Mussolini used the phrase "drain the swamp" when he made moves to overhaul the country’s unpopular government bureaucracy.

"He knew that citizens were fed up with a bureaucracy that seemed to grow bigger and less efficient each year, so he insisted on daily roll calls in ministry offices and berated employees for arriving late to work or taking long lunches.

"Mussolini initiated a campaign to 'drenare la palude' ('drain the swamp') by firing more than 35,000 civil servants,
    " .Madeleine Albright wrote, who served as secretary of state under President Bill Clinton.

Here is a hat I have that predates Trump by several years:

View attachment 446230

View attachment 446229

Sometimes I say "close the door, you're letting the heat out!" I'm probably not the first one to coin that phrase but I think it's okay to borrow since I want people to close the door and stop letting the heat out.

I'm just being a smartass because I don't get your point?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Just noticed the Fed is slowing QT. States that the 'faster' rate of QT (drawing down the Fed assets) pulled too much cash out of the system. Bunk! They found their auctions didn't get a decent price for assets. Nobody wanted their 'junk' bonds they hold (at the price they wanted)! Get ready, about to hit the fan. Biden is ready to accept the 3.5% inflation as the norm.

Top Bottom