• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPURSFAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Washington
    In September of 2007, I was victimized by a nephew by marriage. He stole my Granddaddy's Civil War Rifle and my Daddy's hunting rifle. My niece came from Washington, after having had brain surgery to remove a 4 centimeter tumor from her brain stem, out of concern for me. She found that I had been drugged, beaten and forced to sign POA and a Will leaving everythilng to the nephew. She contacted Adult Protective Services to help me. The State of Texas refused to prosecute. However they did get some guns back, but they were not all mine. These guns did not have serial numbers, because they had been removed. Is there a way to get my Granddaddy's Civil War Rifle and my Daddy's hunting rifle returned to me? Is there anything I can do to get all of my belongings back? I made a police report, but since my nephew is well conected with the police officers who took my report, they wrote it up and failed to include a lot of important things in the report. They caught him red handed taking money from my bank accounts and simply told him to put it back. No arrest was ever made. Now he is trying to sue me stating that my poor dead wife left everything to him. He has no proof. My wife and I were married for 42 years. We never had children. All we had was each other and our personal belongings and our home. His lawsuit has been going on for 3 years now. The court thru the case out twice, but he just keeps on refiling it. His lawyer stated that they were going to wait for my death certificate. I am in fear for my life. I am 89 years old and really don't know what to do to get my belongings back, especially the rifles I mentioned above. The guns they did give me, that do not have serial numbers, may very well have been used in any number of crimes. I would really appreciate it if you could give me a little guidance here. I don't know who to contact. Can you help me?
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom