Venture Surplus ad

Will Academy or any other East Texas retailer accept my temporary drivers license

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They should as long as all the information on it is correct. You will also need a picture ID to prove it is you.

Academy did for me, but it was 7 years ago, and I had my old TXDL. I moved within the state, and the guy behind the counter told me to get a new DL with the correct information on it, and they took it. I don't know if anything has changed since then though.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Case by case basis. Call and ask. Legally, it is a picture ID, so you are good. Policy is a different matter. I bought a gun online and had it shipped to a FFL that would accept the paper copy when I was in your shoes. Took a ridiculous amount of time for the real one to come in the mail too, like 6 weeks.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    they took my old license when i got the paper. they said they no longer punch them to void but take the whole thing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I bought 2 firearms before I received my actual license (which like Rum Runner said took 6 weeks or more) bring a utility bill, or even better your insurance card from your vehicle and you should be fine.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    what about my business card with my photo for my male stripper side job? only thing is my name on the card says, chunky sex chocolate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    You should be fine as long as you have the correct info on your tempoary paper license, along with some sort of photo ID. I had moved also, and had to update my information online at the TXDPS website, and took the printout along with my old picture ID and had zero problems.

I.B. Pimpin

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    East Texas
    You should be fine as long as you have the correct info on your tempoary paper license, along with some sort of photo ID. I had moved also, and had to update my information online at the TXDPS website, and took the printout along with my old picture ID and had zero problems.

The new temp DL has my photo on it. I moved from Louisiana so they destroyed my old drivers license. I found a gun shop in Marshall Tx that will accept the temp license. Thanks for the help guys.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I just went through this last week. Some will and some wont depending on store policy. It's perfectly legal for them to sell you a firearm since it has a picture. No other ID is needed. Only reason why a store wouldnt is cuz they dont know any better. I bought a handgun with my paper ID two weeks ago. It only took 2 wees to get the hard copy of the license in the mail.

Top Bottom