Gun Zone Deals

FLASH: American Truckers RETALIATING Over Trump Civil Verdict; Will Begin REFUSING Loads to NYC -- Cut FOOD SUPPLY!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Saw articles by the NY Post and MSN and this is real. The post was positive regarding conservative backlash against NYC persecuting Trump and MSN (speaking for main stream media) was negative and claimed most truckers were not Trump supporters and there was nothing to this move to stop making NYC deliveries. We shall see.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Half measures are unlikely to achieve much, we're past that point.

negative waves.gif

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    If they don't haul they don't get paid so that ain't gonna work for long.
    As we saw it didn't help with the Border deal and the Canadian deal later backfired on them as an after thought.
    At least one of the truckers said they would be just as happy to haul anywhere else but NYC as it is a pain. Not to mention the fact that there is enough other work to keep them busy.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    As we saw it didn't help with the Border deal and the Canadian deal later backfired on them as an after thought.
    Indies can refuse any load; company drivers could get fired but that doesn't matter; big shortage of drivers, they'd be working again within a week.
    BTDT.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Indies can refuse any load; company drivers could get fired but that doesn't matter; big shortage of drivers, they'd be working again within a week.
    BTDT.
    Lots of them have a lot of time in with companies they haul for they won't refuse to drive if it means their jobs.
    I can see a handful of priveteers Maybe but doughtful.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Lots of them have a lot of time in with companies they haul for they won't refuse to drive if it means their jobs.
    I can see the validity to this, but at least the ones refusing are doing SOMETHING... While the rest of us are just sitting on our hind ends watching, and saying "it won't work", or "I can't" or whatever excuse you want to use this time...My second wife use to say, "can't never could"... The Dems are running all over us because they KNOW the silent majority will remain just that... Silent. The time for THAT crap is over... You don't like mean tweets, ok. Ignore them. The man's done more for us than anyone I can remember... Stand up for your beliefs and your Country... No one else will... At least support the ones doing something...

Down off my soapbox...

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    You may be right about the short haulers (distribution points into the city, i.e. day jobs); the long line boys are a bit of a different breed; company driver or not.

Either way, it'll be interesting.

Last edited:

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    As a retired OTR / Owner Operator, these types of talks are just blowing smoke. I can't count how many times "Trucker's" have blown smoke about going on strike for this and that in the 30 years I drove.

Company driver's go where they are told, and most Owner Operator's won't go to NYC to begin with. Hell, the bridge tolls alone just to get there from NJ in an 18 wheeler was like $100 back when I was driving, who knows what it cost now.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    On tv they say that the reason for inflation is supply chain issues. therefore, I’m sure there are plenty of people elsewhere in the country that will happily buy the product they are hauling. Companies should have began cutting off NY and CA years ago.

Top Bottom