• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Alrighty, redoing the will, have no children and what kin there are do not care enough to pass anything on to them. So, going to arrange land to go to an animal rescue. The pow pow stuff 1st would go to a buddy if he is still alive, but if not any ideas thats not just put my name on it?
    Gun Zone Deals

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    I would name a 1st, 2nd and 3rd beneficiary for the pow pow stuff, going increasingly younger. That way you can be reasonably assured that someone you know will end up with the stuff.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    You could speak with a lawyer and ask if there's any benefit in putting the firearms in a Testamentary Trust (listing 1st, 2nd and 3rd Trustees as PDiddy mentioned above).

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    I would name a 1st, 2nd and 3rd beneficiary for the pow pow stuff, going increasingly younger. That way you can be reasonably assured that someone you know will end up with the stuff.
    see thats the problem, do not know anyone, much less trust issue. do want it to go to good person/people. not just going to say the clerk at the corner store since is younger. did that originally in the will with my dad then then then. there are relatives that do not care and think we are nothing so that is why they will get exactly that. even cashed in few things and bought my 1st ever new truck at 64, never had a brand new vehicle, special ordered that baby and waited months for it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    May not help, but here's a thread to peruse while waiting for replies.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    see thats the problem, do not know anyone, much less trust issue. do want it to go to good person/people. not just going to say the clerk at the corner store since is younger. did that originally in the will with my dad then then then. there are relatives that do not care and think we are nothing so that is why they will get exactly that. even cashed in few things and bought my 1st ever new truck at 64, never had a brand new vehicle, special ordered that baby and waited months for it.
    Sorry, just trying to help. since you haven’t but one person to leave them with, I would sell them all and either will your estate to this person or just spend it all on yourself.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    If you know who you want to gift the firearms to, just give them to that person before you die. Simple and solves all your problems. Same with the land. Move to a revocable living trust with the rescue as beneficiary.
    Be careful of gift taxes. (I think they are 16 thousand dollars this year.) And honestly if the estate isn’t huge, just leave it to them in the will. Yes you have to go through probate, but you get a stepped up basis when they sell.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've gotten to the point of really not caring what happens to my stuff after I die...

Much easier to just not worry about it, if there's really no one you care to have it.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I’m having my guns buried with me. Screw ‘em. Everyone can get a job and work their ass off for 40 years like me and buy their own guns.

Top Bottom