• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Got a chance to shoot this premier 1911, and I must say, it's the first Wilson I've shot that really just set itself apart.

Wilson has a natural ability to make a sweet feeling 1911, and this one is nothing short of just down right beautiful. The trigger had about a 3 lb. pull and broke like a thin pane of glass. Zero creep, zero mush, just snap.

I put 8 rounds through it in a 1.75" hole at 7 yards which impressed the hell out of me considering I wasn't really trying for a group. The compensator bushing was not very effective, but there was a mild reduction in muzzle climb.

It's everything you'd expect in a $4200 pistol. I'd rate it as the best 1911 I've ever shot, but not by much.
    Venture Surplus ad

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Great pistols with great prices. I was told today Wilson is going up 6% on their handguns at the beginning of the year. But they are smooth.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    is it really worth the price? I mean you could probally build your own version for less

Depends on what degree of knowledge and resources you have. Wilson sells their pistols for alot of money for a reason, and before you say "the name", remember that they had to substantiate that name before.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I understand that , but would you pay that much for a pistol or look into building one first

If I could build as good of a pistol as Wilson Combat, STI, etc. then I'd be running my own company building 1911s. Otherwise, I'll stick to paying someone else money to make it.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    good point but 4,000 i mean you can buy good parts and pay someone the maching labor and should still be able to sve alot

Top Bottom