• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thx...seven and a half cents a round with a 'free' box...I'd prefer FIVE cents a round for bulkish stuff; but with two new 22lr weapons in the past two weeks, I need to replenish when possible ;) N41

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Thanks. Ordered one of the 500 round boxes.

ETA: Looks like they are sold out now. I guess I got the last one.

Last edited:

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Bear in mind, Winchester makes several kinds of .22 rimfire ammunition. All of it is head stamped Super X. Just like everybody else, they've got all levels, from bad up to great. Well maybe with the exception of Remington. Had to put that in to stir the pot. :stir:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I've had problems with the 333 and 555 bulk W-W ammo but the stuff marked Super-X usually is a better quality. It runs okay in everything I have except the Lugers. They're notoriously picky anyway.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Never shot Winchester Super X before. Hope my old 10/22 likes it.

I got one of the 500 round boxes and my old 10/22 didn't like it. No failures to fire, but about 25 out of 100 rounds failed to feed or eject. Used 3 different OEM ten round mags. 2-3 failures each mag full. Last time out, it ran perfect on a combination of Mini Mags, Golden Bullets, and Remington Target SV.

Oh well, at least I got a nice wooden box.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I got one of the 500 round boxes and my old 10/22 didn't like it. No failures to fire, but about 25 out of 100 rounds failed to feed or eject. Used 3 different OEM ten round mags. 2-3 failures each mag full. Last time out, it ran perfect on a combination of Mini Mags, Golden Bullets, and Remington Target SV.

Oh well, at least I got a nice wooden box.
    Dang, I'm right there with you. Dealt with all that parking lot hoopla last Saturday to pick up my cute little Winchester box and my GSG 1911 22 does NOT like it! Haven't tried it in the SIG P229 or my 522 yet. I'm hoping the 522 will eat it. I have two 22lr wheelguns; but it would take years to go through 500 rounds as little as I shoot those. ;)

Top Bottom