• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Travis County
    Does anyone know of anyplace in Austin or the surrounding area that sells Winchester Ranger T ammo in .45ACP or 9mm? Ordering online makes you pay a lot for shipping; I'd rather pick it up locally if possible.

I have been to Cabela's, Red's, McBride's, GT Distributors...no one anywhere seems to sell this ammo!

Cabela's did at one point but it was only in 40 S&W :banghead:

So does anyone know where to get it?
    Venture Surplus ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Winchester PDX-1's are damn close to the same thing. And are availible at walmart academy etc.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    He doesn't want to spend $10 on shipping or to get into a gun show, so I doubt he will be buying the PDX1 box of 25rds for the cost of the Ranger T-Series box of 50rds.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Travis County
    I just figured someone around here has to carry it. If not I guess I'll order it online, but that is freaking gay that no one has it considering how popular it is.

Hell aren't we supposed to be the gun state? ;)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Shipping and tax are usually a similar amount, if you buy a decent amount of ammo. GT always has good ammo when I go there. HST or Gold Dots usually. Does it have to be Ranger T?

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know of anyplace in Austin or the surrounding area that sells Winchester Ranger T ammo in .45ACP or 9mm? Ordering online makes you pay a lot for shipping; I'd rather pick it up locally if possible.

I have been to Cabela's, Red's, McBride's, GT Distributors...no one anywhere seems to sell this ammo!

Cabela's did at one point but it was only in 40 S&W :banghead:

So does anyone know where to get it?
    I have a box of it in 9mm and 45 that I don't need anymore. I'll be in Austin in Jan 29-31.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Travis County
    Just curious, any particular reason why not?

I've read consistent reports of bonded Rangers not expanding as much. Granted, a .45 bullet probably doesn't need much in the way of expansion to be effective, but all the same the Ranger T is a proven bullet and you get 150% more ammo per box than any competitor's bonded ammo for the same price, it seems.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've read consistent reports of bonded Rangers not expanding as much. Granted, a .45 bullet probably doesn't need much in the way of expansion to be effective, but all the same the Ranger T is a proven bullet and you get 150% more ammo per box than any competitor's bonded ammo for the same price, it seems.

Thanks for the replies guys.

GT Distrubutors sells HST and Gold Dots in 50 round boxes. Either of those will perform just as well at Ranger T. I have a good stockpile of Ranger T but I prefer bonded bullets now. Jacket separation is real.

HST is not bonded, btw.

Top Bottom