• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Anybody try it yet? The walmart close by Hutto already carries it. I'm thinking of trying some. Just wondering how they perform.
    Capitol Armory ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Daaaaannnnnngggg! [in my best Joe Dirt voice]

Man, that looks really devastating.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Basically a knock off of the Barnes or Hornady GMX style bullets, more so the Hornady since it's gilding metal instead of solid copper which is better on the rifles bore. It's very possible it's a version of the Nosler E-Tip since Winchester and Nosler have a history together with loaded ammo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Is .556 green tip the same thing?

From the look of the bullet and descriptions I read. It has "flower pedals" about half way down the bullet. The rest is suppose to be solid(?).

I tried to take a pic of one but the cam won't focus that close. The bullet has 4 small flats. You can see in the hollow point that the "flats" are the "pedal" lines. Plus they are thick. So when it opens up, the parts that flare out are thick. The case is nickel plated. The bullet is copper.

So I'am thinking enough bell out to jack stuff up, with a core to push it past the bore "shield" in the chest.

Hold up I got a pic. You can just see the flats I was talking about. Notice how puckered up the hollow point is. This one will be down range on a pig this month:

100_4203_zps1c0bd26c.jpg

Top Bottom