• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    A local pawn shop called me recently because I buy old/collectables and a Winchster Model 40 12 Gauge Shotgun came off PAWN and wanted to know if I was interested.

I did a little reading about them and found out they only made then for 2 years.

I don't need another 12 gauge but if it has some value I could get it. They want $450 CASH 'OUT-THE-DOOR'.

I really want to get a customer's Remington 11-48 in 28 Gauge for the same money so I think I'll go that route.

Anybody have or HAD a Winchster Model 40 12 Gauge Shotgun let me know what you think.

bob
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's noted as being a poor design with a recall in the number of 12,000 of the manufacture of the years it was produced. Claims of horrible workmanship.

Doomed designed.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I read that too, but sometimes COLLECTABLE and 'commercial failure' are not synonymous. There are people that collect Ford Edsels and AMC Pacers.
    I read that the semi-auto function is similar to the Browning Auto-5 but UNRELIABLE.

Being rare does not make it collectable either.

I thing I'll grab the Remington 11-48 in wonderful condition as a Christmas present to ME!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone want the Winchester Model 40? I can get it and add it to my collection, then trade it for??????????????????

bob

Top Bottom