• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm looking at the two mentioned for a new AR. What are ya'lls experiences or opinions of either, or both.

I'm not looking for info. on building one. I want a pre-made AR first and I've narrowed my choices down to the two mentioned. I'll build my own later. After I find out what does, and does not, work for me.

Added:

Looking for a new AR, and like I said, I've narrowed down my choices between those two brands. I've done research on both and feel comfortable with either choice but, doing my due diligence, I'm trying to get as knowledge as possible. Both have multiple offerings that appeal to me., Both have a written, transferable, lifetime warranty, and both are within fifty bucks of the other in my price range.

Opinions or comments please.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Both are bottom shelf entry brands. Pick the one you think looks the best and enjoy. For the casual plinker either will last for many trouble free rounds.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Windham. Great company. Solid rifles. Sold lots when I worked at Academy. Never heard a bad word about them. Next AR I buy will probably be a Windham.

From the desk of a literate squirrel named Leonard.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    With Windham being "Bushmaster" of old, I went with them. Will post on it shortly.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Colt 6920. Available on-line or at WalMart.

Same rifle/carbine manufactured on the same M-4 line as U.S.G.I.

Identical in every respect except for the fire control components.

Colt is the Highest Standard, every other manufacturer only exceeds that standard at a far higher price.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Stir it up. I like my 6920, bought on advice from a friend on here. Probably paid too much, but I've found you can get more money, but you can't get more time.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Been dealing with a sick/dying dog and don't want to leave him for too long. And the Vet. bill is going to cost the price of the sights and scope, so, I'll take 'er out shortly. Unfortunately, the rifle is not a priority right now.

Edit:

Found a Vet. that only charged halfa left one, so I'll be trying her out the weekend of the 20th. Barring any more maladies or rising creeks, or....

Last edited:

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Range report?

Sorry all. There have been other things that needed attention. Pup is still here, Thanking the Man Upstairs but, not getting better, but, still here. More than one scare here with that lately. And still trying to makeup for Veterinarian visit and costs related to that and his change in health and needs. Friend had an unplanned trip to the hospital that left us all sitting close to a phone. And right now, it's just too damned cold outside. I AM a wus when it comes to cold weather, I admit it. And I'm not a real big fan of indoor ranges so...

Top Bottom