Window Tinting

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
Anybody in the Austin Area have experience doing this? I just want something a little darker for my eyes... Jesus that makes me sound like an old ass man... I'm just looking for someone that is willing to give some pointers and maybe help out for something in exchange... maybe a box of rounds or a 24 pack... thanks for anybody that can help...

Pocketfisherman

Jun 10, 2009
Just take it in to a good shop. They now cut the tint with a computer driven machine using precise patterns. I can always tell who does it themselves driving down the road, it's either full of bubbles or pealing up on the corners.

tmd11111

Mar 8, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Most shops that do it charge between $100 and $125 for most four door cars and pickups. Most also warrenty their work for as long as you own the vehicle. Better to pay once and get it done right the first time. If someone does it wrong it will cost lots more to have it fixed properly.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
how strick is texas on how dark your windows are? i know the back and rears can be as dark as you wanna
Actually, I am pretty sure that only the back windshield has no limit. All other windows, front side and rear side, are 25% VLT (Visible Light Transmission). This is just my recollection.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
I wouldn't do it myself. Seen too many bad tint jobs. On darkness, I think the driver's side has to be lighter than the other windows and the strip across the windshield can't be wider than 5".

But don't quote me.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
Feb 14, 2009
South Korea
I know Pinky's does their tint and alarm special but anybody want rave about good jobs at places in the Austin area or have heard good things about?

xtalman

Mar 22, 2009
I'm getting mine done tomorrow at Sunbuster's tint. I've heard good things about them.

I had a cheap $130 tint job on my other car, and it faded and bubbled after a few years. It also had a lifetime warranty, but it was worthless once the company went out of business :mad:

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads