• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hey local peeps. I'm possibly going to purchasing a small parcel of land in Wise County (southwest side near Springtown). Any body have some insight into Wise County? Any input or personal experience would be appreciated. Just trying to get an insider point of view if there's anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I own a house in Wise county. I like it. Not sure what type of info you're looking for. It's a non emission county if that makes any difference. My property tax rate is less than 2%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Looking for input on crime, local knowledge of things I should be concerned with, etc. Issues with wells, tax rate helps but I was able to look that up for the most part. Outside city limits does the LEO fuss about shooting on your property?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Looking for input on crime, local knowledge of things I should be concerned with, etc. Issues with wells, tax rate helps but I was able to look that up for the most part. Outside city limits does the LEO fuss about shooting on your property?

crime? What crime? Lol. Not sure about wells, sheriff department is very laid back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Shooting depends on the neighbors and how big a piece of property you buy. If it's a bunch of houses on little 2 or 3 acre tracts, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheriffs office got a call. Fewer neighbors or bigger property, less likely.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm in the process of bidding on about 10 acres in a pretty rural area. So we'll see of they accept my low ball offer!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What is land going for in Wise county these days? If it's too high, I've got 28 acres in Johnson County I'll sell you.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I also live in Wise county...
    tax rate is great
    Depending on where you are in relation to major roads will have some impact on crime....
    You'll likely have rural volunteer fire departments...if there is a big grass fire you may even see me although I am with a Parker County Department.
    Most of my experience with the LEO has been favorable.
    I think you are talking about the Salt Creek area or possibly Agnes. You be in luck as the Parker County Sportsman club is outside of
    Poolville just a short jaunt to the south...members only but only an annual fee.

@F350-6, 28 acres..that has possibilities as I have friends down there and I almost bought land there near Burleson.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I also live in Wise county...
    tax rate is great
    Depending on where you are in relation to major roads will have some impact on crime....
    You'll likely have rural volunteer fire departments...if there is a big grass fire you may even see me although I am with a Parker County Department.
    Most of my experience with the LEO has been favorable.
    I think you are talking about the Salt Creek area or possibly Agnes. You be in luck as the Parker County Sportsman club is outside of
    Poolville just a short jaunt to the south...members only but only an annual fee.

@F350-6, 28 acres..that has possibilities as I have friends down there and I almost bought land there near Burleson.

Good to hear! Been a member of Parker County Sportsman Club for a few years now, it's the only range I go to. Salt Creek is the area, yes sir. Thanks for the input. Haven't heard anything from the sellers yet. Hopefully I'll hear something today.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    I'm in the process of bidding on about 10 acres in a pretty rural area. So we'll see of they accept my low ball offer!

One thing you might want to consider is that state law (don't remember the specific code - it's easy to look up) makes it legal for someone to shoot on property they own or control (hunting lease, etc) if (a) the property is outside the municipal limits of any town or city, and (b) the property is at least 11 acres in size.

Inside the city limits, a town or city may enact an ordinance that makes shooting a gun illegal, or with certain provisions. Smaller than 10 acres, a county may make a rule (not an ordinance - they call it something else for county governments) that limits shooting, and a lot of counties have done that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom