• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I gained a bit of info on Wolf over the years. I hope you find it worthwhile.

The only Wolf ammo I've personally used is 7.62x39 for SKS/AK and .223 55 grain FMJ. Both are dirty in residue and stinky but shoot just fine. Never noted any evidence of being corrosive.

I shot a ton of Winchester White box Q3131 55 grain .223 but when it dried up, I tried Wolf 55 grain FMJ. Wolf shot to the exact point of aim as the Q3131 with no sight changes. Accuracy was OK, too. Wolf shot great in some of my AR's but absolutely choked in a few others. Never really understood why that was true but it was very significant. If the ammo worked in a particular AR.....it shot great. In others, the rifle would gag on it and would constantly jam. Only your rifle can decide that.

TR Graham a noted Glock expert in the Houston area, answered my question of whether to shoot steel cased ammo in Glocks. He said the steel case was rough on the extractors but if you were willing to replace that part if needed, he saw no harm in it.

Flash

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My SKSs, AK47, AR15, & Galil/Golani have heard the Wolf Howl thousands of time and they say he may be dirty but easy to clean and he never missed a beat and his bite is on the mark as with any good ammo....I have had no problems with any Russki ammo including Wolf and others. Or Chinese ammo for that matter....

Top Bottom