• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    This is difficult, If you are called for Jury Duty and use public transportation to get there there isn't anywhere to hold the gun while you are going to and from the courthouse.

I ended up taking along a large pocket knife. The security folks held it for me till I left for the day. They wouldn't hold my handgun though so I couldn't bring it.

Glitter and Guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    DFW
    It is tough. I related in the TSA Oops post my own experience in going into a city building w empty casings. I can't imagine how excited the police were about an actual gun. I know others will disagree, but I do question the no guns in court house law.

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    I thought you could carry (CHL) in a courthouse as long as court was not in session. I never have, but am i wrong to think one could?
    To say "no government buildings" is not strictly true: the Capitol Building, for example in Austin I recall reading it was legal to carry there.

But anyway, obviously court is IN session if you are arriving for Jury Duty! Although, to be fair, there ought to be a place to store it on the grounds.
    C-

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I thought you could carry (CHL) in a courthouse as long as court was not in session. I never have, but am i wrong to think one could?
    To say "no government buildings" is not strictly true: the Capitol Building, for example in Austin I recall reading it was legal to carry there.

But anyway, obviously court is IN session if you are arriving for Jury Duty! Although, to be fair, there ought to be a place to store it on the grounds.
    C-

Penal Code 46.03 Prohibited to carry on the premises of a court or offices utilized by the courts. The status of the court is not mentioned.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

C-

Who said there is no carry in government buildings? With a few exceptions a gov building in Texas must allow CHL holders to carry.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    if you have a ccw permit you don't have to go through the metal detectors. when they passed the law that said you could carry there was a big rush of people getting permits so they did not have to wait in line with other people that were visiting

edit:

Concealed-carry gun permits let holders bypass Texas Capitol's metal detectors | Texas Regional News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
    There was no law passed regarding carry at the Capitol. Carry there has been lawful since 1995 when the CHL law went into effect.

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I hated not being able to carry at jury duty. You put me downtown with all the thugs having court , and tell me thanks for sitting here all day for nothing and hope you make it back to your car unarmed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom