• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I'm not particularly refreshed on this topic. Please enlighten me, are women treated equally in pay and job positions nowadays or is it still something that must be socially engineered? What's your take?
    Guns International

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is a political red herring.

It takes women to bear children. Many choose to do so and stay at home (hence no income).

Some bear children out of wedlock and expect the tax payer to pay for the care of their children while they want to "hook up" with another baby daddy.

None are like Wendy Davis, who got knocked up early in life, dumped her first husband, hooked up with a Sugar Daddy who paid her way through Harvard Law School, then walked away after her Sugar Daddy paid her final tuition bill.

There is no such thing as "equal pay" for "equal work."

Equality is purely subjective. A diminutive woman who cannot lift a 95 pound high explosive projectile onto the loading tray of a howitzer cannot be considered equal to a man that can do it time after time, for hours on end. No woman can tote a 65 pound ruck over 20 kilometers of desert terrain.

On the other hand, my wife earned 1 1/2 times the pay of her peers, both male and female, as a board certified physician. She competed where males had no physical advantage.

All this talk of income equality and raising the minimum wage is nothing more than class warfare.

It is not man versus woman, but about producers and takers.

Incidentally, no one in the Media ever asked the stay at home moms about their opinion, or what the value of their contribution was to society.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Nope. Its been illegal for a long time to pay discriminate based on gender. This is a made up deal by democrats to try to trick gullible women to vote for them.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The dems are setting up sexism as the next attack angle for use on their foes. Just like racism was the focus for the last two big elections it is now in play for hillary.

Simple concept for their base, if you did not vote for bho you are a racist. If you don't support hillary, you are sexist. Can't get too complicated for the level of voters they appeal to, so simple (abet misguided) concepts and short, easy to remember catch phrases.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Women don't need help to make themselves "equal" in this society.

I was around when the Female lib movement started it's current phase in the sixties. Previously, some of it occurred in the 1920's and 30's then continued as the war put women to work in the factories. I knew a real "Rosie The Riveter" and she was one tough SOB!

I digress.

The 60's and 70' womens Lib movement was very sexual. Instead of the male wanting sex from a woman, it was we BOTH want it so lets rock! The advent of the birth control pill really started things off with a "bang"! It was a great time to be alive and young!

Unfortunately, the pendulum swung way too far. Sex was always a marketable commodity but now, it is the PRIME consideration and foundation of a relationship. For a woman, sex is the bait and the price is your income, car, property or future. As a male, you aren't considered simply as a partner. Your entire income and wealth package is on the table and women are looking for the best deal! If a BETTER deal turns up, they will jump ship to the better package.

Marriage has little to do with love and has become a contract with the state. If you doubt that, try getting a divorce. You will find out real quickly who you're dealing with. There is a whole divorce industry ready to grind you up!

Sorry............women have become predators. Womens lib has become a train wreck!

Flash

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I'm not particularly refreshed on this topic. Please enlighten me, are women treated equally in pay and job positions nowadays or is it still something that must be socially engineered? What's your take?

My advice is that if you're really interested in the answer do yourself a favor and research the topic well with actual data then make up your own mind. In fact, do that with everything you're curious about that has political connotations. Being armed with the facts goes a long way in having an informed opinion.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Unfortunately, the pendulum swung way too far. Sex was always a marketable commodity but now, it is the PRIME consideration and foundation of a relationship. For a woman, sex is the bait and the price is your income, car, property or future. As a male, you aren't considered simply as a partner. Your entire income and wealth package is on the table and women are looking for the best deal! If a BETTER deal turns up, they will jump ship to the better package.

Flash

I must live in the Bizzarro World of Flash then. :laughing:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Women don't need help to make themselves "equal" in this society.

I was around when the Female lib movement started it's current phase in the sixties. Previously, some of it occurred in the 1920's and 30's then continued as the war put women to work in the factories. I knew a real "Rosie The Riveter" and she was one tough SOB!

I digress.

The 60's and 70' womens Lib movement was very sexual. Instead of the male wanting sex from a woman, it was we BOTH want it so lets rock! The advent of the birth control pill really started things off with a "bang"! It was a great time to be alive and young!

Marriage has little to do with love and has become a contract with the state. If you doubt that, try getting a divorce. You will find out real quickly who you're dealing with. There is a whole divorce industry ready to grind you up!

Sorry............women have become predators. Womens lib has become a train wreck!

Flash

Preach on!

I heard it summed up nicely a little while back: Women don't seem to want men, so they must need them. The problem with that is that men will figure out that the opposite isn't true, and IMO we're already starting to see that with lower marriage and birth rates.

Good luck, ladies. We can survive just fine on our own. ;)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I lucked out and got a great one. I snagged her while I didn't have shit compared to now so I know she isn't with me for the money. Must be my good lucks and acrobatics in the bedroom haha.

With that said, Ive seen it time and again with buddies. A lot of gold diggers out there but I do see a lot of my friends staying single much longer than what used to be the norm. Im in my late 20s and most of my friends are just now settling down and getting serious. Its definitely the way to go IMO as you have longer to be smarter and figure out how the game is played better. A few of my female friends from my single days definitely play the best suitor they can find game. That's also why they stayed friends, well that and its easier to pick up other women when you've already got some with you :D

I think in the larger scheme of things, the womens lib and affirmative action have swung past the equilibrium point and are becoming almost as bad as unions in many respects.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX

I'll tell you the big secret about these types of liberal grievances. Their argument presupposes that if you have legal equality in principle then you necessarily must have income/wealth equality in reality, regardless of cultural differences, gender, ethnicity, age, etc. Any person with a brain knows this is bullshit and there are many factors and reasons for inequality, most of them are morally acceptable (look up Milton Friedman) . Libs will find any area of inequality and claim that it must be the result of racism, sexism, or discrimination. A white person who is wealthy or even moderately successful, is the recipient of privilege and of course "didn't build that." Their stated goal is to restructure society so much as to bring about true equality of wealth/income, we call that Communism.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Yet another beat from the left for the helpless to march to. Pay for women's birth control, abortions, pre-natal care, etc. it's just another entitlement program. When you tell people you'll get them free benefits to pay for whatever, be it housing, food, or an abortion of course they're going to get behind it as it benefits them. It's the rest of us poor working slobs that continue to bear that burden so why should they care? Eventually (and very soon if we continue on this same course) the tics will far out number the dogs and when we're finally all dried up reality will come a knock'in, all I can say is be ready.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

"I heard it summed up nicely a little while back: Women don't seem to want men, so they must need them. The problem with that is that men will figure out that the opposite isn't true"

Very well said! I don't hate women and have lots of female friends. We laugh, get along great but that's as far as I'll let it go. Once I retired, I figured that I could live comfortably ....not well, but comfortably, UNLESS I tied up with another female. That "stuff" always costs money and I simply could not risk a ripoff. My last one was my LAST one! We still get along great but the romance part is over. There is too much risk.

Look at some of the computer dating sites. Female predators are in there by the HUNDREDS! They all seem to like "fine dining" which means YOU PAY and that's the cost of a "date" with them. Hell, women used to take ME out. What happened to that? snicker

When "B" and I split almost three years ago, she was the last. It's been a great run and I've had more than my share but that's OVER!

When I cut women loose, I did not turn homosexual, have not been accused of being homosexual, I do lots of fun things, have friends, shoot and reload, ride the Harley and have a great time with my little dog, Jake. I'm a good cook, good housekeeper and don't need anything. In short, the expense and risk of having a woman around as my shadow is unnecessary. I don't miss the "drama" one bit, either!

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wow, people talk about "female predators" and gold diggers like its something new.

Both men and women will use relationships as tools to get what they want before moving on. Smart men and women usually learn their lesson and avoid those types of relationships and the vast majority can do so without having to swearing off those relationships altogether.

Completely separate subject from the whole "equality" movement though. Equality is about equal rights, pay and success must be earned, contrary to what liberals would have us believe.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Completely separate subject from the whole "equality" movement though.

Respectfully, I disagree. I believe the predator issue is completely related to the gender equal rights movement. The "aggrieved" parties can wail about injustice and inequity when it suits them or when it gives them an advantage.

It always cracks me up to see Obama, a wealthy partially black man who has selected "Black" as his racial identity because it's works for him better. He has a lifelong record of doing nothing but he stands up griping about how our society is full of racial hatred, remains segregated and unfair. Meanwhile, he's speaking from the Oval Office in the White House!

That's how female predators work, too. They apply their game plan and when it suits them, they also play the gender inequality card.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow, people talk about "female predators" and gold diggers like its something new.

Both men and women will use relationships as tools to get what they want before moving on. Smart men and women usually learn their lesson and avoid those types of relationships and the vast majority can do so without having to swearing off those relationships altogether.

Completely separate subject from the whole "equality" movement though. Equality is about equal rights, pay and success must be earned, contrary to what liberals would have us believe.

It's nothing new, but it's become a lot more common.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I post a lot on Yahoo and this female writer posted all about this topic. This is a quote from her regarding a guy who was manipulated into harming someone by bribing him with..................you know.

[FONT=&amp]"it's about power - from the first time a female has sex, we realize we have power over men - it's a pretty heady feeling - men may have power tools, but WE have the ultimate power tool -
    now, we can use sex to make our man and ourselves happy OR
    we can use it as a tool to fuq with him and/or fuq him over -
    more and more, females use it in the wrong way, as they are brainwashed by the media and enabled by other women, that men OWE us -
    women, when talking to other women, are quite frank about these things - they think that since you are a woman, you are on the same page - scary -
    women are not taught that men and women should work as a team - we BOTH bring something to the table -
    i love men, but they can be kind of lame - you can promise them sex, give up nothing and get a lot in return - i think this is what this girl did - or she did give it up (in a monica lewinsky kind of fashion) - or she gave it all, but ALL in an effort to manipulate him -[/FONT]"

No, this is NOT a new concept but it has been taken to an art form in the past decade or two.

Flash

Top Bottom