• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well... I have added a member to the family. Sbr was aproved back a week or two ago and I just got the upper all put together. It is not completely done and to be honest I think I might swap my mur-1a upper off my 16" and onto this setup not sure though. Regardless I am still lacking back up iron sights and a BCM charging handle

P5190117.jpg
    Target Sports

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    My buds and I have done a lot of comparison between swr cans and the yhm .45 can. Here are our findings:

YHM can dry with 9mm super sonic or .45 is loud. - Swr 9 can with super sonic is Loud

Yhm Can with 45 wet is quieter than SWR can with 9mm sub sonic dry.

Yhm Can with 45 wet is a little louder than swr 9 with subs wet.. However the Cobra has a better tone (less ringing - its deeper)

Yhm Can with 9mm sub wet vs SWR 9mm sub wet ... you cannot tell the difference between the two cans at all... Both are very quiet ...

My friend who has a swr trident 9 .. after shooting my cobra wet one time went out and purchased the yhm .45 the next day for $350 ! The new cobra 2 has a new multi mount system its $18 per mount! So you get a .45 can and you can put it on anything between a 1911-hk usp .45 to a walther p22 or 9mm ar-15.

The swr trident on the specs site say the can is shorter than the YHM.. they just measure the can and do not measure the can + the LID .. the yhm is about the same size or actually smaller in length

The yhm is a few thousandths larger in outside diameter.

The yhm can breaks down and takes me about 5 mins to clean to LIKE NEW status with soap and warm water.

Swr trident is not break apart unless you drill it or pay to have it done for you. Ive heard the company that does it has ruined a few customers cans in the process

After the testing the only real WIN out on the swr trident 9 besides the name is that you can shoot 9mm sub sonic DRY through it and it is very tolerable. The yhm .45 can this cannot be done. However I have been told the yhm cobra 9 you can shoot dry 9mm through it with more success.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Dry vs wet is just Shooting the suppressor Completely dry(no medium like water, gel, wd 40, spit) any type of liquid that is put down into the suppressor to Dampen the sound. These mediums inside the suppressor is known as shooting the system "WET" we only use water in our cans.. it is very easy to come by it works fine and id rather get a little blow back of water in my face then wd-40, Vaseline, or silencer GEL just to name a few.

These mediums work by helping cool the gases and decreasing pressure. It really is amazing the difference between a wet suppressor and a dry one.

This being said I do not shoot Rifle cans wet ever. Although the water helps cool gases and decrease pressure it also reduces internal volume of the can.. which can increase pressure. This is not a big issue in pistol cans but can be a big deal in a rifle cartridge that is hot.

Some manufactures say now that a little water in their rifle cans is not a big deal. Back many years ago when I got my m4-2000 people said don't shoot them wet. If the round is not subsonic the water is not going to change much anyway.

And until recently before the Osprey .45 and the new aac ti-rant .45 came out.. there were no .45 cans on the market that could be shot dry without a very loud report.

Silencers are like freaking computers these days.. by the time you purchase, pay, and receive your freaking can there is something on the market that is twice as lite, quieter, and better looking!!!

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Range report. I just got back from reds north. I was mostly playing with other toys but I pulled out the sbr (first time I have not been hassled 5x about paperwork) and sighted it in.. then shot some groups with it. Two pics the first pic is sight in then a 4 shot group(notice how before my sight in I was only 1.5 inches left a wee high) Thanks boresighter!! The second picture is actually a 4 shot group at 50. And then I shot another 3 shot group at 100 really taking my time and I got 1 inch. This is a 11.5" Pencil barrel! Alot of my buds are giving me a hard time not going with the HBAR but I wanted a sbr so it would be lite!!! I will never shoot this upper full auto and I already owned the barrel and knew it was capable of moa. I have shot this 11.5 at 250 yards before on steel discs and made repeatable hits and shit if I ever wanna shoot farther than that I have multiple other AR setups. I wanted a lite weight bug out gun.

P5220124..jpg

P5220126..jpg

Top Bottom