Target Sports

Worth it to try and get an SBR if I might move in the next year or so?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a tentative plan to move to Colorado, maybe Wyoming in a year or so. I'd really like to get an SBR, I'd been thinking a trust. It SEEMs from my research that you need to fill out a form, get approval and you are gtg.

Thoughts? How does a trust work in this situations?
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Correct. Purchase Trust from an attorney (Sean Cody highly recommended) or do a free/low cost option from wherever you buy the item. Once you purchase the SBR (assuming you aren't going to build it yourself), your dealer will fill out a Form 4 and then you wait approx 6 months.

Since youre so uncertain, might be worth just buying a stripped lower and file a Form 1. That way you won't be in any rush to build. If you go somewhere SBRs are not allowed, you'd have less money tied into it.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Hey Scott.. If one is not sure which product direction to go (speaking of cans); but wanted to beat the new law, what would be the cheapest way to go about it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Hey Scott.. If one is not sure which product direction to go (speaking of cans); but wanted to beat the new law, what would be the cheapest way to go about it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry. Just saw this post. I don't have much experience with them, but lots of folks are buying cans like the Silencerco Hybrid or Griffin Optimus because they are modular and can be used on almost any size round up to 300wm down to rimfire.

Next cheapest option in my opinion would be to get a 30 cal can and a 45 can. That way you are covered for almost anything you want to shoot. Lots of great options. We are living in the golden age of silencing!

Top Bottom