• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    any of yall had an alignment at NTB? All the mom an pop shops are booked solid and I need one after my fender bender the otherday. I was going to go to another shop till I read a review that said they dont do castor/camber just toe in/out. Not to mention the lady on the phone was trying waaaay too hard to try to get me to use them. I got the rape/"where going to screw you over" vibe from her lol
    Target Sports

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    alright well screw that idea. Everywhere thats good is closed or booked up....looks like ill be driving crooked for a little while

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just got my GFs car aligned at Midas, I think about $69.00 & was not pressured to have other stuff fixed, although they did mentioned some items that it would not hurt to replace.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    On the Jeep (solid axle) I just adjust toe in/out myself with a tape measure. Not much to it. Sometimes rough driving off road can throw it off a little, just dial it back in myself.

Probably pretty similar for most solid axle vehicles: http://www.4x4xplor.com/alignment.html

If you have the fancy IFS you probably need to go to a shop.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I use them on all my cars. I usually get the one year unlimited deal. So if you hit a pothole they will re do it for free. I have had no issues with the ones in Richardson and Plano and Conroe, on 45. That's the nice thing about using them, whereever they have a location, its already paid for.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    nope i dont. My bumpers scuffed/bent and the drivers side qaurter panel is pushed back some. The truck needed an alignment before all this though. Man if I ever see the dumbass that slid to a stop infronnt of me for no reason again Id beat them with in a inch of their life...Because they cant drive I have to deal with it.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    It drives straight but the steering wheel isnt straight. The camber on the wheels is off. It was before the wreck.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    the drivers side corner of the bumper just got pushed back so it was touching the tire. just eyeing it the camber looks off, but like I said before its been that way.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Me to NTB clown two weeks after purchasing $1200 set of Michelin tires for my SD PSD:
    I think the balance is off. I get a significant shake at 45mph and it goes away when go faster or slower.

Clown:
    when was the last time you had your brakes checked?

Me:
    Truck has 30K on it. There was no shake prior to the tire change. Brakes are fine.

Clown:
    Warped rotors will cause the shake as you described.

Me:
    yes except for the acceleration part. warped rotors shake when braking and don't go away.

Clown:
    I still think it's warped rotors. Let me get Bubba the mechanic in here to explain.

Me:
    really?

Bubba: (after going through the description of the issue again)
    It certainly sounds like warped rotors to me.

Me:
    Really? explain how a warped rotor will shake the vehicle while accelerating?

Bubba:
    goes into a bs-laden explanation that has to do with balance, inertia, cupping and the physics associated with out-of-round discs

Me: After a pause and a few seconds of uncomfortable direct eye contact
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Turn for the door

Clown:
    Do you not want your truck fixed?

Me:
    Yes I do and it's apparent you can't.

Last NTB I'll ever set foot inside.
    Found an independent Goodyear shop.
    Had the tires balanced and the shake went away.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Me to NTB clown two weeks after purchasing $1200 set of Michelin tires for my SD PSD:
    I think the balance is off. I get a significant shake at 45mph and it goes away when go faster or slower.

Clown:
    when was the last time you had your brakes checked?

Me:
    Truck has 30K on it. There was no shake prior to the tire change. Brakes are fine.

Clown:
    Warped rotors will cause the shake as you described.

Me:
    yes except for the acceleration part. warped rotors shake when braking and don't go away.

Clown:
    I still think it's warped rotors. Let me get Bubba the mechanic in here to explain.

Me:
    really?

Bubba: (after going through the description of the issue again)
    It certainly sounds like warped rotors to me.

Me:
    Really? explain how a warped rotor will shake the vehicle while accelerating?

Bubba:
    goes into a bs-laden explanation that has to do with balance, inertia, cupping and the physics associated with out-of-round discs

Me: After a pause and a few seconds of uncomfortable direct eye contact
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Turn for the door

Clown:
    Do you not want your truck fixed?

Me:
    Yes I do and it's apparent you can't.

Last NTB I'll ever set foot inside.
    Found an independent Goodyear shop.
    Had the tires balanced and the shake went away.

lol, Once I had a dealer walk out with a canister style air filter, and said look how dirty this is, you need to replace it. We can do it for x. So I looked at it. And said, man that is dirty. Where does that go on my car?

So we walk over to my car, and he starts looking for the air box. Opens up my (square air box) Looks inside, and goes, well that isn't it. Must be somewhere else. And keeps looking. Anyway, at this point, I ask who he got the filter from, maybe he could point it out. And grab a manager who's passing by. And say this guy says I need a new air filter because mine is dirty, and point to the one in question.

Anyway, the guy was brand new, and got a good talking to, I got a good laugh, and a free oil change.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I didn't catch the make & model of your car. If it's a front wheel drive standard type car, I urge you to take it to a collision shop specializing in similar repairs. Many of those cars require alignment on all 4 wheels! The cars are built like an egg. Every part relies on every other part for strength and stiffness. If the structure is hit anywhere, the entire shell is pushed out of shape. Sure, folks will tell you that they'll set your toe in but that's just not enough yet they call that an alignment. If the car is out of specification, they can't correct the problem.

The equipment to check the alignment properly and to correct problems if needed, is expensive and an experienced tech is required to do that. In many cases, they chain the car to the floor and twist the structure back in line. There is no cheap alternative.

Flash

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If I saw the peice of shit that caused all of this. I 100% Guarantee Id be doing some jail time.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    And too bad I dont have the money to fix any of this.....My house is kind of sinking....Everyday its some bullshit. Multiple times a day most of the time, and Im really fucking tired of it. Ever since I turned 15/16 Everythings went to shit. Ive been homeless and everything else. i know this shit has to be annoying but shit man Its really getting old for me too.

Top Bottom