Patriot Mobile

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I would IF it limited itself to gun issues.

Have you any specific reason(s) why you'd prefer an organization with a single agenda instead of one that will work for freedom across the board?

Not meaning to be confrontational with this question, I am truly interested in your thoughts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Cliff, he's spot on. One of my VERY early warnings was to keep the goal specific and focused like a laser. Instead, the mission statement goes after sentencing, other gun rights, etc. You KNOW there are going to be detractors - why in the hell would you give 'em MORE ammo to use against you?!?? I've spent a LOT of years involved with politics and political movement. I'm nowhere NEAR the level of some of the folks TSRA and the NRA have to offer, but even *I* know that you don't give your opponents a chance to dilute your freakin' message!
    Yeah, I'm ticked at this - because while OCDO alienated a LOT of folks in the Texas Gun Rights movement (and think of 'em what you will, it's Texas-based folks like that that could have be a HUGE help to us), there were several willing to take a "wait and see" attitude. I'm a TSRA member, and went in to push the issue....and get hit with the extraneous BS in the "mission statement", exactly as I warned we would be.
    You may not like politics, but you can either go with them or butt your head against the brick wall. If you like bloody heads, then you'll like the results.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    If I understand you correctly, the TSRA feels that an organization working for more than just gun rights would be ineffectual when working for a gun rights issue?

RiverCity.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    San Antonio
    Cliff,

Two reasons specifically.
    1) Texas Redneck described my first reason. I have experience with how the legislative process works and have been tangentially involved in several successful changes to the Texas Family Code in the last two legislative sessions. I know from that experience what it takes to succeed in the Legislature.
    2) If you are an organization with limited resources, then by diluting your efforts across multiple agendas, you will be less likely to make any significant headway in any one of them. I prefer to support organizations where I know my contribution will be targeted with all their resources on one specific issue. That way, I'm more likely to help that organization achieve that goal. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot, and when I gamble, I prefer to play the game with the highest odds of success.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If I understand you correctly, the TSRA feels that an organization working for more than just gun rights would be ineffectual when working for a gun rights issue?

The TSRA, myself, and many others that have worked to change laws/rules/regulations. Every "splinter" you have from the primary task dilutes the message. That's something I warned about in the very beginning. That warning was ignored - and I've no doubt that others said much the same.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    We do not plan to address more than one, (possibly two if they're minor), issues at a time. Our plans are to concentrate on finishing one issue, then move on to another issue. This may or may not spread across more than one legislative session.

Future issue(s) may or may not be gun oriented - that will be decided by the membership.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Cliff,

Two reasons specifically.
    1) Texas Redneck described my first reason. I have experience with how the legislative process works and have been tangentially involved in several successful changes to the Texas Family Code in the last two legislative sessions. I know from that experience what it takes to succeed in the Legislature.
    2) If you are an organization with limited resources, then by diluting your efforts across multiple agendas, you will be less likely to make any significant headway in any one of them. I prefer to support organizations where I know my contribution will be targeted with all their resources on one specific issue. That way, I'm more likely to help that organization achieve that goal. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot, and when I gamble, I prefer to play the game with the highest odds of success.

RC.45.....you win 100 bonus points for use of this word which I even Goggled to check its validity!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ...and in the meantime, TSRA has worked towards those goals. I know - not fast enough or well enough for some of you - but we've never given up the fight despite some setbacks caused by other groups that kinda "stepped in it". Right now, we're looking at a raft of anti-gun bill proposals, and doing our damnedest to torpedo 'em in their early stages. I'd encourage you to join the battle - but that's up to you.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    ...and in the meantime, TSRA has worked towards those goals. I know - not fast enough or well enough for some of you - but we've never given up the fight despite some setbacks caused by other groups that kinda "stepped in it". Right now, we're looking at a raft of anti-gun bill proposals, and doing our damnedest to torpedo 'em in their early stages. I'd encourage you to join the battle - but that's up to you.

The TSRA is nothing more than a puppet of the NRA.

You are still trying to blame "other groups" for the failures of the TSRA. That is the same lie that alice tripp was telling before she was allowed to retire. She should have been fired!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The TSRA is nothing more than a puppet of the NRA.

You are still trying to blame "other groups" for the failures of the TSRA. That is the same lie that alice tripp was telling before she was allowed to retire. She should have been fired!

You keep beating that drum, my friend. Me, I'm gonna keep DOING something about it beyond flapping lips.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You keep beating that drum, my friend. Me, I'm gonna keep DOING something about it beyond flapping lips.

I would not have replied to your post if you had not repeated tripp's lie about "other groups" causing setbacks. We all remember that lie. It really makes you and the TSRA look bad when you continue telling it.

I realize that the NRA won't allow you to work with "other groups", do they also mandate that you to try to make them look bad?

How much do they pay you to work against the best interests of Texas gun owners?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

I would not have replied to your post if you had not repeated tripp's lie about "other groups" causing setbacks. We all remember that lie. It really makes you and the TSRA look bad when you continue telling it.

I realize that the NRA won't allow you to work with "other groups", do they also mandate that you to try to make them look bad?

How much do they pay you to work against the best interests of Texas gun owners?

You're so full of it that it's not funny.

#1 - We regularly work with other groups - but you go ahead and believe that, because ignorance can't be educated.

#2 - Rather than turn things into pissing contests, we'll talk about challenges created by others - but there's nothing to be gained by dragging their names through the mud.

#3 - There were plenty of things I disagreed w/Alice about - but those things are between her and I. And the issues created by other groups are known - but go ahead and make TSRA/NRA the heavy - it makes you feel better, obviously. For a few of us, it also shows your ignorance.....and you're a shining beacon of that.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    There's been some talk in the thread at http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...t-another-open-carry-thread-1.html#post189614 about starting a Texas Citizens Defense League, similar to the Arizona Citizens Defense League.

We'd be starting from scratch, but would have the support of the AZCDL and possibly other state CDL's. The original goal would be to push for open carry, but all other gun related legislation would be fought for - including parking lot carry, campus carry, repealing the 51% provision, etc.

Cliffh,

ACTUALLY I'll be IN provided that the proposed TX org. is based on NO COMPROMISE WHATEVER with RINOS, DIMocRATS or anyone else.

We need another "milk toast" group like we need an aggressive cancer, imVho.
    AND
    I will put some bucks in, too, IF I have 90-120 days to get the cash together.
    (FIGHTING FOR Texican RIGHTS will NOT be cheap, as the LOONY HATERS on the FAR LEFT have the press 100% on their side & the !@#$%! leftist press LIES .)

yours, satx

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You're so full of it that it's not funny.

#1 - We regularly work with other groups - but you go ahead and believe that, because ignorance can't be educated.

What other groups is TSRA working with?

Ignorance can be educated. Maybe you should lookup the definition of 'ignorance' before trying to use the term.

#2 - Rather than turn things into pissing contests, we'll talk about challenges created by others - but there's nothing to be gained by dragging their names through the mud.

There you go again perpetuating tripp's lie.

#3 - There were plenty of things I disagreed w/Alice about - but those things are between her and I. And the issues created by other groups are known - but go ahead and make TSRA/NRA the heavy - it makes you feel better, obviously. For a few of us, it also shows your ignorance.....and you're a shining beacon of that.

What are the "issues created by other groups"?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Cliffh,

ACTUALLY I'll be IN provided that the proposed TX org. is based on NO COMPROMISE WHATEVER with RINOS, DIMocRATS or anyone else.

We need another "milk toast" group like we need an aggressive cancer, imVho.
    AND
    I will put some bucks in, too, IF I have 90-120 days to get the cash together.
    (FIGHTING FOR Texican RIGHTS will NOT be cheap, as the LOONY HATERS on the FAR LEFT have the press 100% on their side & the !@#$%! leftist press LIES .)

yours, satx

If you are looking for a 'no compromise' pro-gun group checkout the Gun Owners of America. The GOA is a national pro-gun organization that now has a full time representative in Austin and is working hard to get Constitutional carry passed this next legislative session.

If you would like to have a GOA membership send me a PM. I will buy it for you. I have not bought anyone a membership in quite a while and it is passed time for me to do that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom