• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Not one opposing view point but the Mayors???? Amazing reporting here.

Huh? Bloomberg Proposes Slashing Gun Permit Fees CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

“We want to be in compliance with the law…so that we don’t want to lose the ability to have reasonable controls. If we have controls that the courts have ruled too onerous or too unfair, we could lose the whole thing,” Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg’s plan entails cutting the price of a gun permit from $340 to between $25 and $110.

Charles Hu showed Dennis his gun and his permit. He’s licensed in New York, the manager of the Jovina Gun Shop in Little Italy. He said there’s no getting around the city’s lengthy gun application, but $25?

“Yeah, that’s too low, too low. Twenty, 30 years ago it was more than that,” Hu said.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Oh the fee to the state might be 340, there are county fee's sheriffs fees etc etc. Ballpark was around 700 bucks. And a judge issues the permit. 2 types hunting/sporting and personell protection. Less than 25% get the PP permit. You have to have a reason to get it they say.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Only way they'd get me in NY is in handcuffs & leg irons, or in a body bag ! Texas, MY Texas ! Don't even care for Dallas or Houston but they are there and sometimes it necessary to pass through. Actually Lukenbach, TX is a little large for my liking....

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Most permits - of any kind - in NYC require bribing someone.

I lived in NY for a few miserable years and got a permit. Took me 9 months, half for the paperwork and half calling the judge every week to get it signed. Three sets of fingerprints, piles of forms, lots of fees, neighbors were sent questionnaires to fill out - but no qualification class or testing! Royal PITA and totally stupid. Criminals had no problems getting guns - they just ignored the law. (Imagine that!!)

No one has enough money to entice me to move north of the Red ever again.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    New York City actually has some neat things to do. What is the saying? Fun place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there....
    Amazing that people would argue against lowering the fees....but then again they are mostly democrats, and we know that the donkey party never saw a fee or tax it didnt like.

Top Bottom