• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lupey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    THE BLUFF
    A buzz going on Ruger forum on Facebook:

Today only Turner?s Outdoorsman | is advertising 10/22 carbine for 99.00 in stores only..... People are going to their local Wal-Marts and having them price match that advertisement for that price...... Wish I had 100.00 to spend................. they are displaying their receipts on facebook for today showing that it is true.........
    Texas SOT

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If it is on Facebook, you can book it that it is a rumor, not a fact.

Do you know how easy it is to counterfeit a receipt?

I've done it for years just for shits and grins on FB.

For instance: (Remington .22 LR for one Cent per round).

Folks got mighty stirred up because they could not find the ammo at that price anywhere.

Besides, what good is a 10-22 without ammo?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    The Walmart in Crossroads off Hwy 380 here in N. Texas has 1 black synthetic/SS 10/22 in the case. The young employee told me they would price match if you had the add. They also have approx. 40,000 rds of CCI 100 rd black box for $7. I just bought 3 bxs which is their limit of course. :usflag: Going back in the am with by friends I mean shill buyers!! LOL

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Thank you! I just bought one tonight. Closest Walmart was sold out, but another store had them. Had the guy call to confirm. Went down and the first thing was "it's after 8pm, don't think we can sell any firearms". Told him that I just came from the other store and that they didn't mention anything about that. So the guy "tried" and it "allowed" him. Then I showed him the ad and he said he could price match it. Went through the paperwork and went to pay. Register wouldn't allow it because it was "after 8pm". Luckily an assistant manager was there and overrode the system or something (they'll have to be there to approve the price match anyways). Walked out the door for $108 and change for the 10/22 carbine.

Lupey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    THE BLUFF
    rsayloriii - glad u were able to take advantage of that, I went to both closest to me and both were outta stock.... But did score 4 525rd boxes of .22lr at academy............

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If it is on Facebook, you can book it that it is a rumor, not a fact.

Do you know how easy it is to counterfeit a receipt?

I've done it for years just for shits and grins on FB.

For instance: (Remington .22 LR for one Cent per round).

Folks got mighty stirred up because they could not find the ammo at that price anywhere.

Besides, what good is a 10-22 without ammo?

hmmm. I detect a pattern.

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    rsayloriii - glad u were able to take advantage of that, I went to both closest to me and both were outta stock.... But did score 4 525rd boxes of .22lr at academy............
    I was worried they were going to say something about the ad being from California and not matching because of it.

Took it out to the range this afternoon. Put at least 100 rounds through it. Had a few failure to feed, but not sure if it was ammo brand, type, or rifle (needing to break in, etc.). Overall, joy to shoot... except for the 10 round magazine. It empties way too fast. Need to get a 25 rounder.

Top Bottom