• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Any suggestions for a great outdoors digital watch.
    Things Im looking for are the obvious: Durability, light up, quality, water-proof, heart rate reader, stop-watch, alarm, compass, day/month, MIL time, temp, maybe a few other cool features. I have heard great things about Suunto brand. Im looking to spend anywhere from $200-$400. Scratch proof surface would be a plus. My last watch got ate up during training. Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    After almost 12 years in the military, most of it spent in combat arms, the best thing going is a $50 GShock, forget the fancy bells and whistles..... just my

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    luminox navy seals watch
    fantastically built tritium vial illumination. lifetime warantee.
    in 93 years when it goes dim, they send you a new one ;)
    when my bare hand punched through a car windshield at 35 mph it didnt break.
    not even a chip int he crystal. good stuff. very accurate.
    cant beat that swiss stuff!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    After almost 12 years in the military, most of it spent in combat arms, the best thing going is a $50 GShock, forget the fancy bells and whistles..... just my

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    luminox navy seals watch
    fantastically built tritium vial illumination. lifetime warantee.
    in 93 years when it goes dim, they send you a new one ;)
    when my bare hand punched through a car windshield at 35 mph it didnt break.
    not even a chip int he crystal. good stuff. very accurate.
    cant beat that swiss stuff!

Lifetime warranty? Since when? I wish. The battery died on mine, and IIRC, I was quoted $70+shipping just to replace the battery. Also, the tritium element on the second hand fell off. So right now a $50 G-Shock is looking like a better deal. I loved it when it still worked.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have a Seiko right now. There is a guy I work with on the weekends that is into watches and has one that is made for extreme desert conditions, it has scratch proof crystal and is O-ring sealed and is kinetic. It is made out of high grade stainless or titanium I think. I'll ask him about it saturday night and post it at like midnight or Sunday morning.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    thanks

I have a Seiko right now. There is a guy I work with on the weekends that is into watches and has one that is made for extreme desert conditions, it has scratch proof crystal and is O-ring sealed and is kinetic. It is made out of high grade stainless or titanium I think. I'll ask him about it saturday night and post it at like midnight or Sunday morning.

Cool thanks.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Lifetime warranty? Since when? I wish. The battery died on mine, and IIRC, I was quoted $70+shipping just to replace the battery. Also, the tritium element on the second hand fell off. So right now a $50 G-Shock is looking like a better deal. I loved it when it still worked.

Yeah the G-Shocks look nice and at an affordable price. Although I am not a fan of their website. Whatever happened to plain pages with product and price?

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Get a G Shock if you want a watch to work for years. You may have to replace a few bands but most of my buddies who had those things love them. I was always a Timex and Casio cheap-o watch guy myself. I am not into getting an expensive work watch then having to worry about breaking it.

Try a G Shock for work, get a separate shiny, fancy watch for
    "play".

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    All right GI it is a Seiko 5 kinetic. It has kind of an OD bezel and tritium on the hands. That is all I know about it tho. Good to see you again Burt you ain't been around for a while.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

wild!
    im not sure, i got mine when i was in middle school.... geeze thats atleast 8 or 9 years ago. it came with papers and everyhting. it was a gift, maybe the waranty was extra and my da purchesed it along witht he watch? i will ahve to ask him...

Top Bottom