• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Not me, I'm waiting for a bailout or welfare. Mmm, 5 pound blocks of cheese ...

That cheese and some Texas toast makes some darn good grilled cheese sammiches.

I think this thread is bad luck. My Casio crapped out on me last week and I got an el cheapo replacement.

$27 bucks.
    3837337002_f3527c3b3a_b.png
    Guns International

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    Ya know, I bought a Timex watch with green nylon strap when I graduated from Parris Island in 90 for $25. Just wanted a watch that I wouldn't care if it got lost or damaged. It lasted all the way through my services in SF with water, mud, all kinds of shock and whatever I threw at it. Worked perfectly! I left the Marines and lost the watch in a move! I could kick myself. Till this day, I am still looking for another one.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    they still sell those military style timex watches :) i have the casio g-shock military its an awesome watch.....go with timex/gshock/luminox or uzi ballistic if you want a good tough watch

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I can understand the importance of having a watch, but I haven't worn one in years. I used to wear one of those $5 drug store watches as a kid all the time, tho. If they can stand up to kid abuse, they can survive anything... I remember one time in school a guy was talking trash about how his watch was bad ass and mine was cheap. I took it off and slammed it on the desk as hard as I could several times. Still worked... Then I said "your turn". He didn't want to smash up his expensive watch, lol. Looking back that was a pretty childish thing to do, but the look on his face still makes me laugh.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    For years, I wore a Timex "Iron Man". If it broke or got too scratched up, I'd buy an identical one and keep going. Dual time zones feature was handy. I quit wearing a watch. I just look at my phone now.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I talked to guy, and noticed he was wearing a really nice Suunto watch. I asked him how he liked it, because it was cool with all sorts of barometers and temperatures and fancy functions. He told me he was going to throw it away. I asked him why?
    He said, "because ever since I got deer guts and blood all over it one time, all of that stuff stopped working"...

Go figure.

Top Bottom