• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonFrankMc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Ellis County
    I'm looking for a 1911 in 9mm.

Only really interested in commander size so 4-4.25" length with full size grip.

Also rather have Novak/adjustable rear sights.

So 2 guns that seem to be at the top of the list are:

Springfield range officer champion

Rock island TCM MS combo.

I could also do Metro Arms commander, love my commander .45, but can't stand the roll marks.

I'd even be interested someone's parts bin jobber.

My goal is to find one that make be an ugly duckling on the outside since I want to duracote it.

PM or post if you have something.

Thanks
    Jon
    ARJ Defense ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    budsgunshop.com Close to, if not the best prices and business practices I've encountered. They are quick and honest, in my opinion. And their "free shipping" does not mean "elevated price". Give them a look.

JonFrankMc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Ellis County
    Ain't nothing wrong with a RO. I would like one myself.

But I still love my Rock Island.

from an idgit coffeeholic

I'd get one, honestly. But for a 4" 9mm it seems I have to get the combo with 22TCM barrel. Not knocking it but I don't see paying for it if I probably won't use that round.

budsgunshop.com Close to, if not the best prices and business practices I've encountered. They are quick and honest, in my opinion. And their "free shipping" does not mean "elevated price". Give them a look.

Have bought 2 guns from Buds. Super easy transactions. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks guys.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The only trouble with Bud's is they have so many guns and so many deals (their "Make Offer" deal can save you some money) that it's very difficult to come to a final decision about what you want to buy! :green:

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Jon Frank

In the same boat as you. have been looking for MONTHS for the right gun. I shouldve bought a colt commmander 9mm model o4662xse when they were still in production for 3 months this year. Im looking for a 9mm 1911 commander size as well. RIA makes one with a tactical rail and double stack, but i fear it is too "fat" for my liking

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Check out the STI lineup. They may have something in a single stack and 4" bbl.

I've got their double stack 5" in 9mm and it puts a big shit eating grin on everyone's face that has ever pulled the trigger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'd get one, honestly. But for a 4" 9mm it seems I have to get the combo with 22TCM barrel. Not knocking it but I don't see paying for it if I probably won't use that round.

Thanks guys.
    I called that new shop in Round Rock a couple weeks ago. He said he could get a RIA 4 in 9mm with adjustable sights. About $575-$600 IIRC. Can't tell mine is a three inch when shooting it. Accurate and very little recoil compared to a Glock.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Thanks guys.

Although somewhat of a novelty, 22 TCM is a freakin blast to shoot and almost no recoil. Shooting at dusk is especially fun.

Understandable if you can't justify it, but damn it's fun.

Only downside is you have to adjust sights for either TCM or 9mm.

Sent from my HAL 9000

JonFrankMc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Ellis County
    Thanks Charlie. Have looked a ton but overlooked the rock being it was listed API.

Is the springer worth $180 more? I realize this question is relatively subjective.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082399.244641.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082419.617249.jpg

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Not to hijack thread but i was able to get my dream 1911 last wk. the gun was only in production for 3 months this year and sold out everywhere by july. I was able to get it when a store online got 2 back in stock, sold out in 40 min. Colt commander 9mm 1911 lightweight
    85e5e27f5883e3493c9f87fcce6c6b2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom