• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Edit: Please Lock! I found one! Thanks TGT!

I'm looking for an entry level sks in 7.62x39. Don't care much about looks but just want internals in good shape. I'm in Kyle so looking for San Antonio to Austin.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Gun show tomorrow in dripping springs. However even at the big show I didnt see many sks rifles and the ones I saw were expensive.

Maybe let TGT know which models youre looking for?

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Thanks Breaking Contact, I really dont know. Im fine with a chinese one as long as it fires. Ive seen chinese ones go for under $300 online but I just dont know how much I trust it. Id be good with spending a bit more just to know its from someone trustworthy. Id be good with buying a bit better model too but Id like to stay about $500 or less.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thanks! Ive never bought a used gun online before... yall think its a safe choice? I know it will need a cleaning when I get it and Im fine with that but I just want to make sure it fires.

I have dealt with Classic before as have many others and they are very accurate in their descriptions. If a problem were to happen they are very good about completely replacing the arm. I think with these in particular the will most likely be cosmoline free but they would probably require a little bit more detailed cleaning. I have had many SKS's and have abused some when I was younger. If all the parts are there it is damn near indestructible.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's safe, SKS rifles are pretty reliable (similar to the AK in that sense) and Classic stands behind the stuff they sell.

I would consider getting an 03 FFL (C&R) so you can have eligible firearms sent directly to your home. It's well worth the $30 for a three-year license. Takes about a month once you've submitted your paperwork.

I love my Simonova rifles, they're fun shooters!

Cheers! M2

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Should I pay the extra to get the matching numbers? Any advantage to it other than to not aggravate my ocd?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Stopped at a pawn shop in cedar park today. They had one either with tapco furniture or in that type of stock. $500 I think. No beuno.

A "bubba?!?" Not worth anything near $500. I consider these to be less valuable than one in stock form, but I do own one! It was the first SKS I ever acquired...

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I dont think this is off topic as it should help OP. What was up with the Albanians? They were only on market a short while.

The Albanian SKS's are considered the most rare. I do not know the specific numbers or the exact reasons, but they were made in the fewest numbers except for the East German made ones. They were one of the few satellites to manufacture their own. They are supposedly very well made. I do not know there did seem to be more around before but as I said, they are considered very rare.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Funny you mentioned this just now. Didnt know there were EG SKS rifles until watching the Nutnfancy review just now then I read your comment.

Did the laws change on SKS importation or did the supplies overseas dry up?

Top Bottom