• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm looking for my fist AK would like something nice like an Arsenal but the variant I like SA M-7 classic is listed for nearly 2k way outa my price range. So the question is where do I begin for the closest thing I can get to a real Russian AK?
    Hurley's Gold

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    What's your price range and where are you located? I just got an Arsenal SGL21 from Scott at Bullit Proof Arms in Buda and I really like the rifle. It cost around $800. I chose the SGL21 for it's likeness to AK103 (real Russian AK) with all stamped matching parts and it's accuracy. Arsenal converts Saigas to make the SGL series.

There are lots of options on AK ranging from $400-$2000. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Bullit Proof Arms - Home

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    I've got an Arsenal 105 A1 in 5.45x39 that I'm seriously Thinking of selling to fund other projects. It was worked over into an AK74M configuration by Troy Sellars at InRange. It's got a Russian side-folding poly stock any several Russian parts.

7cde0196.jpg

a829dad5.jpg

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Looken for wood furniture and milled maybe I'm the crazy one thinking 2000 for an AK is alot you know just sticker shock perhaps?

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Bro, I might have a place for it.
    I've got an Arsenal 105 A1 in 5.45x39 that I'm seriously Thinking of selling to fund other projects. It was worked over into an AK74M configuration by Troy Sellars at InRange. It's got a Russian side-folding poly stock any several Russian parts.

7cde0196.jpg

a829dad5.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    One of the best AKs you can get is a Yugo. M70AB2 is the model and they are built like a tank.

The M70B1 (with a wooden stock, the M70AB2 is an underfolder for folks who weren't aware) is a good AK as well, but they're getting harder than hell to find these days...

I love my Yugos!

IMG_3749.jpg

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    The day after I picked up my yugo m70ab2 ($350) I saw them all over the internet for $650-800. I feel extremely lucky. I think the extra bulk in the receiver is a great thing. Not that recoil is bad on an ak, but this is almost like shooting a .22. Anyone know if they all have the g2 trigger, mine isnt marked but cant imagine it being any better. Good luck, I hope you get what you're looking for. Remember, the yugo isnt interchangable with the other variants as far as parts and stuff.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    No, most of the "Yugo" rifles out there are Century parts guns and Century doesn't use the G2 trigger IIRC.

My WASR had a G2 trigger... Century has been using the G2 trigger on newer WASR's after trigger slap complaints. Maybe you are saying the yugo doesn't have a G2 trigger, which I can't confirm nor deny lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Century imports them (WASRs) as single-stack rifles, then widens the magazine wells and installs 922r compliant parts including gas pistons, FCGs and pistol grips...

Also, my M70B1 and AB2 both have G2 FCGs on them, as do my M72 and M76...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom