• ...and so much more!
  • wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Looking for a pump gun for a friend to throw in the back of his truck. It will end up as a 18" pistol grip gun (and I can't talk him out of that idiotic point), but I can shorten barrels and rebuild pretty much anything. It will get beat up anyway, so any functional (or mostly functional) condition is OK.

I would prefer a Mossburg 500/Maverick 88; Winchesters or Remingtons are great too but tend to be out of my friend's intended ("just in case they steal it, I won't cry") intent. Functional or mostly functional, long or short barrel are fine, stock or grip type...irrelevant. "Store" brand versions are also perfectly acceptable (JC Higgins, etc.).

Face to face, ship to FFL, meet at a match somewhere, no problem at all.

Thanks,
    Alex

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I've got a Charles Daly 18" that's never been fired. Some water damage to the end of the box but the gun was in the safe when that happened. $150

IMG_2405e.jpg

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Are the Parder Pumps down to 175? I bought mine for 250 about 3 years ago. I have had extensive difficulties with my Pardner though in regards to failures to feed. Be wary...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I do. I regularly buy old shotguns and trim barrels back from Fudd to functional, fit new sights, clean them up and hand 'em out to the guys at work. But I'm out, have a pocket full of money, and don't mind trading reasonable amounts of same for "new" guns :)

All of the Maverick 88's are $175.95/dealer; short, long, rib, no rib, stock, grip...the only one that is any more is the rifle sight model (which is another $12).

Alex

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Are the Parder Pumps down to 175? I bought mine for 250 about 3 years ago. I have had extensive difficulties with my Pardner though in regards to failures to feed. Be wary...

First thing I did was strip it and check out all the parts. They were rough and sharp (not polished up all pretty) but worked and cycled fine. I noticed the mag spring was weak so I went ahead replaced it with a good Wolf XP one for less than $10 from gunsprings.com. I can see how you may have had problems with the factory one. Mine has no feed problems.

Springs for REMINGTON 870, 878, 11-48, SPT-48, SPT-58 Rifles & Shotguns

I've also heard rave reviews about slipstream. I'm going to give it a shot to smooth it out a little you may want to check it out.
    Crusader Weaponry - Shop

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    "Dealer Cost" is the price for units in single digits. The price for a railroad car full of guns is rather less per unit :)

Alex

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I picked one up a couple years ago. It was flawless functionally, and the parts all interchanged with an 870 (except the barrel, magazine spring and magazine tube).

I found the Pardner a lot smoother and better-built than the Maverick. Also, you have a metal trigger guard (Pardner) vs plastic (Maverick).

The Pardner is actually built by Hawk Industries in China. The ChiComs used it as a PLA-issue item for years, and Chinese firearms have a pretty darn good reputation overall.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I picked one up a couple years ago. It was flawless functionally, and the parts all interchanged with an 870 (except the barrel, magazine spring and magazine tube).

I found the Pardner a lot smoother and better-built than the Maverick. Also, you have a metal trigger guard (Pardner) vs plastic (Maverick).

The Pardner is actually built by Hawk Industries in China. The ChiComs used it as a PLA-issue item for years, and Chinese firearms have a pretty darn good reputation overall.

The springs are pseudo interchangeable, you just have to buy the Wolff ones I posted and trim them to length.

The ring on the barrel that the mag tube end cap screws over is just closer to the end of the barrel than the 870. The 870 barrels fit otherwise. If they would only make a small extension/spacer! I saw some idiot online fashion one out of PVC pipe...no thanks.

Yeah, its sturdy for sure. Hawk also makes a model with ghost rings not branded HR, can't remember the model number.

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    Im a big fan of the maverick 88, the pistol grip part of the stock is solid if you wanted to cut it down and file it clean as opposed to buying a pistol grip for it, If its a truck gun it shouldnt matter. I have put close to 5,000 rounds through mine with no problems, got it for $150 on sale, looks like $160 is the going price today :)

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I like old Ithaca's, but that would put him way out of his budget after tracking down a barrel. Nothing like a cut down Ithaca 37 for those...close encounters... Not so great for just another bug hunt, though.

Alex

Top Bottom