• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    So what. Nothing a little ceracoat won't fix. Or some rattle can if you're really cheap. I bought a beat up 17 . Had jcrntx ceracoat the slide, and it's like brand new.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Why would you use a Glock to test reloads? I'd go with something with a steel frame, like a S&W 4506 or something.

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    Why would you use a Glock to test reloads? I'd go with something with a steel frame, like a S&W 4506 or something.
    I will use any make if the price is right and the gun is safe including a Glock, but your point is well taken, Glock wouldn't be my first choice but would work.
    Best/joe

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Don't you already have a .45? Why not use it. The barrel makes a perfect go no go guage. Just take the barrel out, plunk a round and check to see that the OAL makes the base even with the barrel hood. Then turn over and see if it falls out.

Not that not all bullet profiles seat to the same OAL. 200 grain SWC to 1.25 works good for most.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    When I say test men, Im not referring to case gauging, I stray away from printed data a bit, and while I do have a few 45's I don't have one that I want to shoot hot loads in.
    Best/joe
    PS Nighthawk is too nice for what I want, this go round but I will keep it in mind when I get Nighthawk fever[smile].
    Top quality for sure, incidentally you wouldn't believe how good/accurate that Ed Brown shoots.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Running experimental hot loads in a glock just might contribute to the rails being torn out vs steel frame gun

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In 1911 pistols, Kabooms resulting from heavy charges pass the high pressure gas down the grip frame and shred the grips....and your hand! It's not pretty! Haven't seen a Glock kaboom but suspect the results would be similar.

If you want a super stout barrel for the Glocks, why not try a Lone Wolf barrel available from Midway or Dillon? I have several of their barrels and got each one from Dillon. In fact, there is one in transit for a G22 as I type this. The Lone Wolf barrels are select 416 stainless and use the more conventional land and groove rifling as compared to the polygonal rifling in the Glock barrels. They are perfect for firing lead bullets in the Glock and cost a paltry $99.95! Lone Wolf quality of workmanship is beautiful!

Flash

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    In 1911 pistols, Kabooms resulting from heavy charges pass the high pressure gas down the grip frame and shred the grips....and your hand! It's not pretty! Haven't seen a Glock kaboom but suspect the results would be similar.

If you want a super stout barrel for the Glocks, why not try a Lone Wolf barrel available from Midway or Dillon? I have several of their barrels and got each one from Dillon. In fact, there is one in transit for a G22 as I type this. The Lone Wolf barrels are select 416 stainless and use the more conventional land and groove rifling as compared to the polygonal rifling in the Glock barrels. They are perfect for firing lead bullets in the Glock and cost a paltry $99.95! Lone Wolf quality of workmanship is beautiful!

Flash

Good idea, now all I need is a beat up old Glock 45 and incidentally, you are dead right about high pressure down the grip frame, not something I want, especially in a Wilson or Ed Brown.
    Best/joe

Top Bottom