• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I thought there were water restrictions and shit? It has rained over 12" since I have lived here for 2 weeks. Seriously, it rains like every 3 days, WTF?
    Lynx Defense

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    after 3 yrs of drought and very little rain down here in south texas.... i will never complain about the rain again....got some thunderstorms and rain today...btw...maybe our lake levels can get over 25% full....

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    We've been waiting 200 years for you to move here. What took you and your ancestors so long?

3rd generation born in New England, that is why. I was only there as a kid, my family moved to AZ when I was 12. All the rest of the family (cousins, aunts, uncles etc) still all live in New England, specifically MA and NH. People there just really don't leave. Me, I could never live there again.

Also, PM me for my address and you can send a box of ammo as thanks. :cool: 300BLK is the current preference, but 308, 556, or 9mm is good too.

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    after 3 yrs of drought and very little rain down here in south texas.... i will never complain about the rain again....got some thunderstorms and rain today...btw...maybe our lake levels can get over 25% full....

No I get it, just comical. Everyone tells me about the drought, no rain, etc., and all is does it rain when I get here. I don't mind it, I actually like it personally. Mud sucks, but rain and thunderstorms I can live with.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Dammit, y'all really that low?

Rain=good
    Drought=bad

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Are you accepting bids to relocate elsewhere? We could use a rainmaker to move to the Marble Falls area to help with Lake Travis. It has to be 50' low

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    SAWS: Aquifer Level & Statistics

We are 6.85" above our average rainfall to date for the year, but if you've been out to Medina Lake anytime int he past year, you will see we need a helluva lot more than that to get levels back up to where they should be...

i remember when i was 13 (15 years ago) we would go cliff diving and tubing on medina lake, hell, thats where i broke my arm (tubing). now its almost medina pond :(

1994SVTLightning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Its crazy how much the lakes have dropped in the last ten years. Lake Tawakoni used to be DEEP and the marinas are all sitting on the lake bottom now. Welcome to the future desert. What rain we get now just gets soaked up by the ground and never makes it to the freaking lake anyways. And anyone notice how the summers are stretching further into our winters and vice versa. Eventually it'll be sweaters in July and the kids will be opening presents at the lake on Christmas. The calender will need to be readjusted to fit the seasons before too long lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The only natural lake in Texas is Caddo. The rest are man made. In addition to the lack of rain there is increased demand for water from transplants coming from other states and insurgents from the south.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    March 2007 My boat dock and view from my back yard
    IMG_0616.jpg

October 2011- It is worse now

029_zpsa46333a7.jpg

Top Bottom