WTS: 1911 rattlesnake grips

Discussion in 'Gun Accessories & Ammo' started by hoytinak, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    For sale, set of fullsize 1911 rattlesnake grips. This is real diamondback skin on Slimline Alumagrips (no ambi safety, no mag well). I haven't had them very long, just decided I'm putting a bobtail on my 1911 so I have no use for these. Sold Pending Funds.

[​IMG]

2. redintex

redintex New Member

May 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Nice grips!

I know they are already sold, but had to say - nice grips!!!!

:banger:

3. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Thanks, I really like them. Once I get the bobtail done on my SW1911 commander I'm prolly gonna get some more made for the bobtail. :banger:

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Those are way cool! Where'd you find them?

5. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I got them from www.kygrips.com. Not sure if he's doing them anymore though as he started to have some medical problems. I'd contact him and find out, he did really good work.

6. goneshooting

goneshooting New Member

Jun 1, 2009
  7. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    And you have no affiliation with this retailer, right? :headscratch:

8. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    That's not the same guy I got mine from as he had some medical problems and no longer makes them but the website you posted looks like they have some good stuff.

9. goneshooting

goneshooting New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Hey TXSUT, I'm not. Just an admirer of this guy's work. I actually bought his red flames on ebay a few weeks ago. The craftsmanship is superb. Just trying to help out, man.

10. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Helping out is great, however, you dug up a 8 month old classified thread ad started by someone "selling" a set of grips, so you could plug a site you say you have no affiliation with that sells the same grips the OP sold. No one was looking for them so there was no one to help. Do you see how that would look suspicious? ;) It's completely not relevant to the thread and the thread served it's purpose......last year.

If you felt that type of grip was something people look for and can't find and thought it would help, you should start a new thread so it's more effective. :happy0001: