• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

buster7094

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    McKinney
    My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I inherited his guns and ammo (and holsters and grips). I have just about finished going through it and have over 11k rounds of .357, .38, 9mm, 40cal, .22, .223, and 12 gauge. About 2/3 of it is reloaded and the rest is in original packaging. I don't really know what to do with it all, so if any of you are interested, please let me know. I will be happy to arrange a time for you to come over and peruse.

BTW, my father worked at the Bullet Trap in Plano during the 90's as his "retirement" job. So if you were ever in there I am sure you have met him.

Thanks,

David Gorham

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I inherited his guns and ammo (and holsters and grips). I have just about finished going through it and have over 11k rounds of .357, .38, 9mm, 40cal, .22, .223, and 12 gauge. About 2/3 of it is reloaded and the rest is in original packaging. I don't really know what to do with it all, so if any of you are interested, please let me know. I will be happy to arrange a time for you to come over and peruse.

BTW, my father worked at the Bullet Trap in Plano during the 90's as his "retirement" job. So if you were ever in there I am sure you have met him.

Thanks,

David Gorham
    Hi David, condolences.

What are the specs on 9mm your selling. How much factory and reloads and prices?

Thanks.

Oh any reloading equipment?

ETA depending on answers I could get by tomorrow evening to look. I'm in Little elm.

Last edited:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not trying to scare you, but just as an FYI.

If the reloads are his own then I wouldn't sell them to someone that is going to fire them. Especially if they've been sitting around for years and especially if they were stored anywhere but indoors.

If they are reloads he bought from a licensed/insured ammo manufacturer then you're good.

If you're selling them to someone that is going to break them down into components, then you're good, just be absolutely clear that they are sold as components and should not be fired.

Even if your dad was an experienced reloader (sounds like he may have been) and had great QC there's simply no way to know how they were loaded.

If you decide to shoot them, then opt for a beefy, modern gun that has a good safety margin if they happen to be spicy. Check the primers for signs of pressure, etc.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Welcome to the forum. My condolences for your loss. You may want to check online ammo prices of the new ammo you inherited so as not to sell it too low. As for the reloads, I cannot speak about them - no experience but it seems Texas1911 already gave you some good advice on those.

As for the guns you inherited, if you plan to sell them you may want to sign up for an account with GunBroker.com. Once you do that, you can run an advanced search for completed sales/auctions for each gun you plan to sell. The search results show the number of model gun you are querying that have been sold on GB over the course of the last year and show for how much each sold. That way you can get a good idea of what they are going for.

Last edited:

buster7094

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    McKinney
    Hi David, condolences.

What are the specs on 9mm your selling. How much factory and reloads and prices?

Thanks.

Oh any reloading equipment?

ETA depending on answers I could get by tomorrow evening to look. I'm in Little elm.
    Most of the reloaded stuff is notated, but I will go through it again and pull some out. He has some reloading equipment and I have it saved but it is not at my house in Mckinney yet.

buster7094

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    McKinney

Thanks,

David Gorham

Ok, I went out to get my hand written inventory from my first run through. I should have included 44 mag. and 45 auto on the initial list.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sorry, I thought it was evident from my profile. I guess not.

No worries.

See #2.....

buster7094

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    McKinney

Thanks,

David Gorham

Here is my estimated list. Keep in mind that this is an estimate. I just opened the ammo boxes, rummaged through real fast and jotted this down. Not all numbers will be entirely accurate. Would love to sell this as a lot if possible. In addition to this list I have about 8 .38/.357 speed loaders for model 29 with ammo and about 15 leather holsters. I hope this helps.

CaliberQtymanufactured/reload
    9mm200Manufactured
    40 cal245Manufactured
    12 gauge350Manufactured
    44 mag snake shot12Manufactured
    357 snake shot24Manufactured
    22 LR1000Manufactured
    44mag300Manufactured
    357mag25Manufactured
    0.2231600?These are not in manufacturer boxes but I don't think he reloaded 223.
    they might be factory reloads
    40cal50
    44mag1600reload
    357mag1350reload
    0.381500reload
    9mm1050reload
    45auto900reload
    Can't read my writing200reload

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom