Target Sports

WTS/WTT: HK P30 9mm with LEM (South Austin)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    *******SOLD********Hello all. I have an HK P30 in 9mm with the LEM trigger that I'd like to sell or possibly trade. It's been used and has some normal carry wear but no major scratches or damage. It's currently wearing a pair of Heinie strait-8 tritium sights, the rear sight has some marks from installation(previous owner-not me!) but is in totally functional condition(I was going to replace it as I'm a bit OCD but it works perfect and it's a carry gun so who gives!). The trigger is currently set up with HK springs as a lighter (google Todd Green LEM P30)LEM but I have HK springs if you want to make it a bit heavier. I have the box, paperwork, and will throw in a couple of extra hi-cap magazines(you will get a total of 4 and I have more available if you want to buy em). It functions like a champ, is very accurate, but I'm going back into LE work so I want to go back to Glocks as they are slightly more holsters/lights friendly.

********SOLD********I'd like to get $675 for it. Will also consider a trade for an older Gen 3 Glock 34...preferably something made 2007 or before.
    Here's some crappy cell phone pics. The light and shadow of my hand is messing with the pic of the right side, those arn't scratches are blemishes.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Holy crap, someone please buy this now. This is an insane price for this gun, I would love to have it but the wife would kill me if I spent more money. I am posting this on hkpro for you.

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    If you don't have an FFL the only legal way to ship a handgun is Fed-ex overnight. It's about $75-85 depending on weight and I have to drive to the Fedex distribution center to ship it. Too much trouble.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    ^^^^That's waht I thought, but I didn't want to argue and it's a moot point now as he sold the pistol. Great snag for whoever bought it.

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    Bithabus: How do you figure that? I would really like to know for future sales.

I know you can ship rifles through USPS and even to individuals within your state without going through an FFL. All the information out there indicates that the only way a non-licensee can legally ship handguns is via private carrier(UPS/FedEx). Both UPS/FedEx specifically state that as a non-FFL it has to be via one of their overnight/next day services and the package has to go to an FFL if the shipper is a private individual. Sure, you could put it in the box, shipping normally and lie about it being a handgun, but I'd love to see you try to get your money back on an insurance claim if they lose it and the contents was in fact a handgun(my main issue with the whole thing). And I'm sure your aware that both UPS and FedEx rules both state that while it's OK to ship from private individual to FFL, you cannot ship from private individual to private individual.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    All the information out there indicates that the only way a non-licensee can legally ship handguns is via private carrier(UPS/FedEx). Both UPS/FedEx specifically state that as a non-FFL it has to be via one of their overnight/next day services and the package has to go to an FFL if the shipper is a private individual. Sure, you could put it in the box, shipping normally and lie about it being a handgun, but I'd love to see you try to get your money back on an insurance claim if they lose it and the contents was in fact a handgun(my main issue with the whole thing).

You said the only legal way to ship is FedEx overnight, and now in your above quoted post you admit you were mistaken. You may legally ship a handgun in non interstate commerce by means of any private carrier, and how long the package takes to arrive is irrelevant. You don't have to lie to UPS. If they ask what is in the box tell them it is a tool.

Top Bottom