• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I guess he turned in his man card some where else or he listened to you nut jobs! LOL! Seriously tho I told my wife when we started to get serious that I love hunting, fishing, my friends, my family and my dogs. Try and take any of them away from me and I'll walk away in a heart beat. I don't have most of those friends anymore but that is not her fault and I don't hunt or fish as much as I'd like to anymore, but that's not her fault either. Unless you could those times I try and go fishing on the day of major happenings. (like friends weddings, holidays etc..LOL)

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    prest1ge, Here you go, take it from one who has been there... RUN THE HELL AWAY!!!! If you told her that she couldn't do "X,Y or Z" or you would leave, what do you think her response would be??? If you aren't already MARRIED, move on and find someone who is a better fit. It WILL end up in divorce, I guarantee it! Been there, paid for that! MG

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Years ago, I sold a Ruger .22 pistol to a neighbor at a garage sale I was having. About an hour later, he brought it back and asked for his money back saying that his wife wouldn't let him keep it. I gave him his money back but he also got the same lecture you guys are giving. If a lady tried that on me, her stuff would hit the curb on the second bounce.

Thank God I don't have to worry about that. My lady is a Correctional Officer who has her CHL and regularly qualifies with firearms. Bonnie is also a High Master rifle shooter at 200 yards and is a Sharpshooter at 600 yards. We shoot together and it's part of our relationship. I'm a lucky guy!

Flash

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    There's something deeper here. I'll bet she voted for OBama too. My son is getting married soon. First thing he said about her is that they share the same conservative beliefs.
    That's real important to him....and me. I've been married for 26 years to a good conservative woman.

usaf_vito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    My girlfriend grew up thinking guns were cool (movies and the such) but sounded scared of the idea of me having guns as more than just a hobby (rather as a means of self/home defense). She was particularly squeamish at the idea of shooting to kill and taking lives in defense of self/loved ones. But one trip to the range (a very successful one for her) and she not only embraces the hobby part, she's now proud that, if the situation calls for it, she's confident and competent enough with a gun to defend self/loved ones.

I realize that the OP's situation may be a little more dire, but I will say that it always helps sway the opinion a little bit when you have a "pretty" gun. She loves my Inox 92FS with walnut grips and shoots it about as well as I do.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Folks who could not see themselves taking a life legally simply haven't been in a position where their life was in peril. I would hate to shoot someone but I've also been on the receiving end of deadly behavior many times. People wanted to kill me and I don't know why. I may never know what set them off. That's the point...........it's irrational and rational people can't figure it out.

Violence without apparent reason is a fact of life and the times and you either accept it, adapt to it or it snuffs you like a bug.

I do not want to hurt anyone.........but I will if I have to.

Flash

Top Bottom